A variety of Hamlet bugs (Because I'm too lazy to make multiple posts.)

KCDA
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

So the Roc, or BFB... You know what I'm just going to use them interchangeably. Anyway the BFB has multiple issues as I'm sure other people have already pointed out, but I've found a few issues that broke down my procrastination well enough to actually make a bug report.

1. If you try to get abducted by BFB too early, you will be stuck in the "please spare me" animation, unable to move, and BFB refuses to move it's head down once more. So the start of the landing animation shares some animations in common with the Cuckoo Clock inspired (heads within heads) abduction animation. These animations are used as a sort of greeting animation during the landing process... If you are below (or enter the head's radius) during what I have dubbed the "greeting animation" you will then be stuck in the wait animation I dubbed the, "please spare me" animation. During this state, you cannot move, are not given godmode, can mess with your own inventory, and can even (for a few frames) be put into a taking damage animation. This bugged state does not end when day turns to dusk, and aside from your ability to die to Nightmares during this bug, I would consider it a softlock. (After some investigation, this bug had been experienced by Zoidberg_dalV on this thread.) I will be including four screenshots I had with this bug, and please notice the texture issue with hands when wearing/not wearing a hat.

20181120135801_1.jpg

20181120135950_1.jpg

20181120135949_1.jpg

20181120140111_1.jpg

2. The process of Roc spawning, while still doing fly-overs, does not follow a teleporting player (telelocator staff, or just using the ruins/caves between various islands.) In this state, Roc will continue the spawning process whenever the original area is visited again, no matter how much time has passed since it started. The only way to fix this problem currently, is waiting for Roc to start spawning again on it's own, as the new version will override the old one. This problem is increasingly problematic if a player chooses to live on the 4th island, where the BFB canonically lives... Since that island is so tiny, it is unlikely that the Roc will not destroy something (or anything) on the island. (It might also have difficulties spawning on that island due to the large amounts of coastline, but I didn't want to sacrifice my island base to test that theory.)

3. For the longest time, (and up until this most recent build in fact) there was an issue with the size of Hound Waves reducing to 1 every time the Seaworthy was used... This is still the case with ROG and SW, but Hamlet seems to do the opposite... Meaning instead of reducing the size of the wave, instead Hamlet seems to STACK every wave you missed together. (The 5th picture is an example of this... Oh and it is notable, that the BFB started spawning at the same time, and if you attempt to get back on the Skyworthy while bats are spawning, the game will crash every time you load the save. Screenshot 6, refers to this crash.)

20181117194654_1.jpg

20181120145643_1.jpg

4. Being handed gifts as Wilba, can still override other transactions between the player and villagers. (Most notable when being rewarded for street cleaning, and instead get handed a twig.)

Steps to Reproduce
I always forget about this portion of the post, but I already covered all the steps in the main portion. For the sake of not making this post double in size, I'm going to keep the steps to reproduce in the body.
  • Like 3

User Feedback

Apparently my guess with bug 2, where I thought the BFB would have difficulties spawning in small areas was somewhat correct, as I had a couple dozen fly-overs. Roc managed to land, and I avoided the head for a while and finally let the head catch me... It did the abduction animation, but kept me in this state as the BFB flew off. I was stuck in this animation, but fortunately a quick relog fixed that.

20181120161953_1.jpg

Share this comment