Gnat Swarms Endlessly Attack Thunderbirds

ScarecrowAtMdnt
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

While I have only encountered this once, it is safe to say that it would apply to every encounter between these creatures due to their AI. I do not know why the Gnat Swarm got aggro'd towards the Thunderbird, I just happened to find them locked in a battle. The Thunderbird does not summon lightning to attack the Gnat Swarm, and the Gnat Swarm cannot properly harm the Thunderbird, causing an infinite loop of the Gnat Swarm wandering slightly off and then snapping back to try and attack the Thunderbird once more.

20181017115239_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
If the AI is the issue, coaxing a Gnat Swarm to attack a Thunderbird should be all that is necessary to reproduce the bug.

User Feedback

Are you sure the Gnats are attacking the Thunderbird and not simply standing on top of it? Cause the Gnats appear to be attracted to light and seek it out at dusk/night.

Share this comment

Hi I want to add something regarding swarms endlessly attack something. They also attack lamp posts if you you manage to shake them off in the city. Maybe they are attracked to light? But they repeately let the lamp post go and target them anew.

Share this comment