Hay Walls become impassable when burnt to ground level (FIXED)

Evan7
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Hamlet Pending

Hamlet Bug... was doing a nightmare fuel fire farm (which I know won't last long)

I made hay walls and an ice fling-o-matic in the Ancient Pig Ruins room with the End's Well. With the Flingo on, I set the walls on fire and they burnt to their ground level. After they were extinguished, I left the room, then re-entered. You can no longer walk through the walls. 

This bug was fixed in the 2023 QOL Update

Steps to Reproduce

Make hay walls in an Ancient Pig ruins room

place a ice flingomating within range and turn it on

set the walls on fire

wait for them to deplete to their ground level and once they extinguish completely, leave the room

re-enter the room with the burnt walls. 

You can no longer walk through the depleted walls. they act as if they are solid.

• Wavey 1

User Feedback

5 hours ago, KXWl1 said:

Nightmare creatures and ghosts should NOT take any fire damage!

Nightmares should take fire damage! They take damage from falling minerals during an Earthquake, and explosives, so why not fire? They even try to crawl out of flaming walls in DST so, (they do still take explosion damage in DST, along with damage from Meteors.)

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shopcat 1

Share this comment

On 2/24/2023 at 6:13 AM, KXWl1 said:

Nightmare creatures and ghosts should NOT take any fire damage!

For debate, if you are suggesting that nightmare creatures shouldn't take fire damage, then we shouldn't be able to damage them at all. They are creatures that can attack you and you can attack them back. How is a ham bat or any weapon (of a physical nature) any different than fire damage? 

Edited by Evan7
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment