World Generated Doesn't Match Settings At All

22winston
  • Fixed

I couldn't find a solution or anyone talking about this problem so here. Whenever I generate a world it seems to never match any settings I put in the world generation tab. I also had occasions where the world wouldn't generate and the server crashed. I then had to resume the world a few times to get back in. So yeah my friends can make their worlds fine. I seem to be the only one with this problem... Kind of annoying since I like customized my worlds. Haven't been on the forums in so long feels good to be back.. 

Steps to Reproduce
I'm not sure how to reproduce this it only seems to be happening to me. I think it might have to do with caves, but even disabling caves my worlds don't match my world generation settings.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I have experienced this problem too with the settings not sticking.

I noticed this happening with two different worlds that I've made on Sunday and Yesterday.  I had a bunch of resources set to 'high' and a longer autumn.  However the settings to not appear to have taken, as the autumn was the normal length, and I don't believe there were more resources than there would be normally

Share this comment

I have noticed I have this problem whenever I try to use settings I saved as a preset, manually changing the settings every time hasn't given me this problem so it's really only an inconvenience since I'm picky about my worlds and will remake it until it's the way I want, though on the most recent time I tried a preset it seemed to switch things around, flowers went from more to none, ponds went from default to lots etc.. I even started in the wrong season, spring instead of Autumn, it was very odd, if I use a preset on my caves it seems to turn them off and sinkholes act like wormholes. All together it was very weird.

Share this comment

We have fixed several bugs with custom world presets not working properly since our latest update.

Share this comment