We Cant Enter The Caves

Maion
  • Closed

Please help. We cant enter the caves be it private or public caves. It happened yesterday. We tried deleting all the mods from steam folder and unsubing them. There none (mods) listed in-game and in our subscribed items list. We didnt use any mods and our internet was stable. 

I tried reinstalling it but it still didnt work. Please help. DST is boring without caves. This keeps popping up.

unknown.png

Thank you in advance for response.

Steps to Reproduce
We were doing nothing to cause such thing. We opened and hosted it normally. Frankly i havent check the caves after the forge so i dont know if it happened after or just yesterday.

User Feedback

Hello @Maion, welcome to the forums. Can you also attach the server_log.txt files of both master and caves? They should be in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\DATA\Cluster_#\Master (where # corresponds to the server slot number of the server from the Host Game screen in question). There would be a server_log.txt in the Master folder, and another server_log.txt in the caves folder. Attach those two too, in this report that may help narrow down the issue further.

In the mean time, has the server host tried to verify the integrity of the game cache yet? You did mention reinstallation but try the cache thing too. Also are you only unable to enter the caves in that specific server or on all caves in other public dedicated/player-hosted servers? Who is the host?

Edited by Zillvr

Share this comment

Im sorry for the late reply. Here are the files: @Zillvr

Cave followed by Master file

I tried verifying the game, no anomalies. As for the cache I do not know where it is located.

I cant enter all caves in public dedicated/ player-hosted servers. For player-hosted server my friend is the host and i tried hosting one too, still cant enter. As for dedicated i always enter the vanilla servers. 

server_log.txt

server_log.txt

Edited by Maion

Share this comment

@Maion has either of you installed any antivirus recently or such? There's a possibility of antivirus programs blocking communication of master/caves, since they utilize ports and the AV might misread them as "attacks". So try putting DST into your AV white list or Disabling AV for a while and try if that helps.

Other than that, I'm stumped. The disconnection line inside the caves server_log.txt file is as follows:

[00:01:25]: [IPC] Signal 'DST_Slave_Ready' opened  #00000550
[00:01:25]: [IPC] Sending signal... #00000550
[00:01:25]: Sim paused
[00:04:25]: Sim unpaused
[00:04:33]: [Shard] #1 -> session/2E3D5610B91F353E/A7I78KATRHS4/0000000007
[00:04:33]: [Shard] Received migration #1 data for (KU_HqKLtSU4)
[00:05:08]: [Shard] Migration by user ('KU_HqKLtSU4') failed (177). 

The "failed (177)" may make more sense to the devs cause I'm not quite sure what the 177 means. So at the very least try the antivirus whitelist/disable method I mentioned above and if it doesn't work, we'll just have to wait for the devs to come in and suggest better workarounds. I'm sorry.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

@Zillvr I didn't install any AV recently or such. However....

I tried white listing it in AV. I can now enter the caves!! *break dance*

Hehehe Thank you very much!! Its fixed now.

Thank you for your time and help <3 

Share this comment

I'm having the same issue, I have disabled my firewall on my mac and have not installed any Anti-virus, I've allowed downloads from anywhere but it's still coming up with the error message 'Something Went Awry While Connecting. Please Try Again.' My Klei folder is located in my documents and my DST is located inside that, I've been trying all sorts of different ways but I'm not sure how to ''Whitelist DST'' into my AV? Please Help! :c

Share this comment

Hey @Zimpix Depending on your existing antivirus program, a help guide should exist from the official sites of the antivirus. I don't own a mac but I reckon there is a guide you can search for to help you with whitelisting programs into your AV=antivirus. But if you actually don't have an antivirus, then you can't whitelist it on anything.

My best guess is to try and get DST to run in administrator mode, (again I don't own a mac so I can't give specific guidelines on how to do so, I'm sorry). The game doesn't run optimally sometimes when it has permission/access restrictions which administrator mode gives.

Share this comment

please help i cant enter the caves and i dont know what to do and i have no AV in the pc

Edited by higor12101

Share this comment

@higor12101 Sorry didn't see your reply to this thread sooner. I don't get notifications unless people quote/give me a mention with "@Zillvr".  Concerning your issue you have to post your log files cause they may provide more info on what's causing issues for you, much like what Maion did above.

Share this comment

@higor12101 Refer to: Klei Support Article: Logs and Useful Information for Bug Reports for Don't Starve Together

However, do submit a new bug report with your log files attached since this specific bug report we are currently on has already been deemed Fixed and Closed. Should we find any discernible cause for your issues, it'll be easier on the devs if we discuss things in a new bug report.

So go back to: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/dont-starve-together/

And click "Add new bug" button. Don't forget to attach your log file by drag dropping them into the text box OR clicking the "choose files...." at the bottom of the Issue Description box when you make your report.

Share this comment

I'm having this problem since the hallowed nights. I allowed the firewall of AV and the problem was fixed when restarting the PC but now that's not working, i just can't enter my world after closing session inside the caves.

Do you know any other solution to this?

• Like 1

Share this comment

22 hours ago, Kath3Lara said:

I'm having this problem since the hallowed nights. I allowed the firewall of AV and the problem was fixed when restarting the PC but now that's not working, i just can't enter my world after closing session inside the caves.

Do you know any other solution to this?

I am having the same issue! I've tried just about everything, disabling mods, reinstalling the game, verifying game files. I was able to enter and leave the caves just two days ago. I just don't understand whats going on as I can enter the caves when I am hosting the world but not when I join a world hosted by someone else.

Share this comment