Sign in to follow this  

Update conflict with MODs


AmberH
  • Pending

Hi, after recent update, my DST crashed several times when I was walking through a certain place. I am using Tropical Experience MOD. 

[00:02:35]: Assert failure 'false && "Invalid shape type!"' at ..\source\game\components\PhysicsComponent.cpp(542): Trace follows...

FYI,

environment: steam on Windows 10

game version: v504332(64-bit)

*********************

Another question, where are the .mdmp files on Windows 10 (Steam DST). I tried to search *.mdmp files in steam/common and found nothing.


Steps to Reproduce

1. launch a previous game save with Tropical Experience MOD(Hamlet world)

2. walk to the pond

3. game would crash with failure: [00:02:35]: Assert failure 'false && "Invalid shape type!"' at ..\source\game\components\PhysicsComponent.cpp(542): Trace follows...

Sign in to follow this  


User Feedback


That mod isn't setting the entity Pristine state correctly on a lot of prefabs.

An overview:

  1. CreateEntity()
  2. entity:Add*()
  3. entity:SetPristine() <- Right before #4, not before #2.
  4. TheWorld.ismastersim check
  5. Server stuff.

Just one example of it being set improperly:

Spoiler

local function fn2(Sim)
	local inst = CreateEntity()
	inst.entity:AddTransform()
	inst.entity:AddAnimState()
	inst.entity:AddNetwork()

	MakeSmallPropagator(inst)	
    MakeInventoryPhysics(inst)
		
    inst.AnimState:SetBank("watercress")
    inst.AnimState:SetBuild("watercress")
	inst.AnimState:PlayAnimation("cooked")
	MakeInventoryFloatable(inst)
	
	if not TheWorld.ismastersim then
		return inst
	end
	
	inst.entity:SetPristine()

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

That mod isn't setting the entity Pristine state correctly on a lot of prefabs.

An overview:

  1. CreateEntity()
  2. entity:Add*()
  3. entity:SetPristine() <- Right before #4, not before #2.
  4. TheWorld.ismastersim check
  5. Server stuff.

Just one example of it being set improperly:

  Reveal hidden contents


local function fn2(Sim)
	local inst = CreateEntity()
	inst.entity:AddTransform()
	inst.entity:AddAnimState()
	inst.entity:AddNetwork()

	MakeSmallPropagator(inst)	
    MakeInventoryPhysics(inst)
		
    inst.AnimState:SetBank("watercress")
    inst.AnimState:SetBuild("watercress")
	inst.AnimState:PlayAnimation("cooked")
	MakeInventoryFloatable(inst)
	
	if not TheWorld.ismastersim then
		return inst
	end
	
	inst.entity:SetPristine()

 

 

that does not change even if 3 is before 4
i did a regex trought all the mod folder and moved the entity:SetPristine to go before TheWorld.ismastersim check
and same crash same place

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kevindevm said:

that does not change even if 3 is before 4
i did a regex trought all the mod folder and moved the entity:SetPristine to go before TheWorld.ismastersim check
and same crash same place

Did you verify that entity:Add* functions are all being done before the pristine state?  Lights, Sounds, etc.

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

Did you verify that entity:Add* functions are all being done before the pristine state?  Lights, Sounds, etc.

this is how it need to be?
 image.png.41fd422bd8dcc3455805fc7e5600c024.png

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

nvm tropical experience dev fixed the issue. checked files and still pristine go aferte ismastersim so that was not the problem

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now