"Unknown Mods", "No Mods Installed" Error

I Heart Popcorn
  • Known Issue

I have several Steam Accounts with copies of DST.  On 2 of these accounts, my client side mods are not installed and it says I'm "not subscribed to any mods".  On the server side, the mods are identified as 'unknown'.    However, on another one of my accounts , my client mods are listed but download each time I log in and I have to re-nable them.

I have clicked both icons underneath for 'clean' and 'udpate' several times, with no success.  I have verified that I am subscribed to at least one mod, unsubscribed, and re-subscribed with no change.  I also closed and restarted DST several times.

No Mods.png

Unknown Mods.png

Steps to Reproduce

User Feedback

Things seemed okay before I clicked on the 'cleanup' button. Sure, before that a mod needed upgrading and some mods just had their workshop IDs, but after that everything went to hell.

Share this comment

On 4/17/2017 at 5:17 AM, Serpens said:

try this solution:

Dang it. I was hoping it wasnt related to Windows 10 permissions. Permission issues have also caused problems with being able to join games telling me the server mods are out of date or missing. I know that's not the case because it happened On every server with modsI tried and I as able to join from another computer.

For some reason I am unable to remedy this because even when I give myself full control over that folder, and even change ownership, I can't  delete some files.  The only remedy has been for me to reinstall to another location, since the uninstall utility leaves files in there and stream won't install in that same folder unless it's empty.

Damn computer. 

Edited by I Heart Popcorn

Share this comment

4 hours ago, I Heart Popcorn said:

Dang it. I was hoping it wasnt related to Windows 10 permissions. Permission issues have also caused problems with being able to join games telling me the server mods are out of date or missing. I know that's not the case because it happened On every server with modsI tried and I as able to join from another computer.

For some reason I am unable to remedy this because even when I give myself full control over that folder, and even change ownership, I can't  delete some files.  The only remedy has been for me to reinstall to another location, since the uninstall utility leaves files in there and stream won't install in that same folder unless it's empty.

Damn computer. 

In the link I also described solution how to delete those files. Boot in save mode from windows.
To get in save mode you can create a new txt file, paste this in it:
shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
and rename the file to eg. "safety mode.bat" (so remove the ending "txt" and rename it to "bat").
Then execute it. this will bring you to save mode, where you can delete those files. Then just restart to get to normal mode again.

Edited by Serpens

Share this comment