Unable to make contact with attacks using certain weapons

PHoToS999
  • Pending

I've noticed recently that using the f button so that my character walks to an enemy to hit it will often result in nothing happening to the creature being attacked, despite playing the attack animation. I've noticed that it happens mostly with while using weapons like the walking cane, lucy the axe, and beaver form. This isn't due to the creature in question being very fast either, like rabbits or walruses. I found that while being in beaver form, if I don't walk right onto a pig, I cannot land an attack, which pretty much invalidates kiting a pig and using f to hit it. I've also found that small enemies, like spiders, appear to never suffer from this problem, and will always be hit when the f key is used to run over and hit a spider. The specific case I found with Lucy is that I was completely unable to attack shadow monsters. In the specific instance, I had been able to kite and damage a treeguard successfully, so it couldn't have been truly excessive lag.
It's also possible that lag was hampering my ability to attack with beaver/lucy, but I've experienced it hosting while using the walking cane, despite maneuvering myself to be right on top of an enemy.

As a clarification though, this never happens with actual weapons, such as the spear and tentacle spike. Still, I need my infinite durability weapons...

EDIT: found that werebeaver simply cannot hurt nightcrawlers from ertain angles. Am host, nobody in with me.

Steps to Reproduce
Use Walking Cane, Lucy the Axe, or beaver form to hit a variety of enemies using the auto attack button to walk over and begin attacking. Mostly happens with non-aggro enemies, but can also happen to aggroed enemies.

User Feedback

7 minutes ago, Diaboliko said:

Turn your lag compensation off in video settings menu if you have it enabled (you probably do). 

Does that do anything for the host? Because I have these problems as host as well.

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, PHoToS999 said:

Does that do anything for the host? Because I have these problems as host as well.

Well, hosts ping is usually meaningless so no. Speaking of pigs, just do some more practice, their kiting skills is a feature. I don't know whats wrong with lucy though. But this axe ain't made for battles! Its damage, I believe, is even less then of a normal axe(27.2)

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, Diaboliko said:

Well, hosts ping is usually meaningless so no. Speaking of pigs, just do some more practice, their kiting skills is a feature. I don't know whats wrong with lucy though. But this axe ain't made for battles! Its damage, I believe, is even less then of a normal axe(27.2)

I understand their kiting is a feature, but as I said, I have no problems when using weapons like the spear and the tentacle spike. What I think is the issue is that weapons like the werebeaver, lucy, and walking stick all have inferior range which isn't accounted for when using the auto attack button, making you attack outside of your actual attack range.

Share this comment