Two very severe and annoying bugs.

Wortoxing
  • Pending

Hello, people of Klei! I made this forum account just so I could complain about these two bugs because I think it's extremely important that they be patched. 

- The first bug happens when you type the letters 'E' or 'Q' in any search bar in the game. It rotates your camera even as you're typing and it's incredibly annoying. I didn't have this problem before until after this update. I've provided a video down below. Excuse the poor quality, due to the 4.8MB limit of a post.

- The next bug is probably more crucial. Now, when you use mods that have recipes (pretty much almost every mod), they don't show up in their designated spots in the crafting menu. For an example, I use a boat mod that adds boat things. They don't show up in the seafaring tab. In order to find them, you either have to search for the recipes, or find them in the "everything" tab. This is especially annoying because most people don't know item names at the top of their head, or don't have the time to shuffle through every craftable item to find something they're looking for.

If this is the mod's fault and extra support is needed for the mod to work with the new crafting menu (which I believe it does), then the workshop is doomed. Many working, but abandoned or "outdated" mods will never receive support due to them being well, abandoned. Working mods might take a while to update to adjust to this as well, which could cause an outage in modding. If there's a way, then please try to add support on YOUR end, so dead or no longer worked on mods can be updated automatically. Please.

Don't fix the issue just for me though, fix it for everyone. I can't host fun modded servers if my players don't know what modded things to craft.

Steps to Reproduce

- For the text bug, simply type 'Q' or 'E' in your text bar, or crafting search bar. (If you don't use Q or E to rotate the camera, then use any other keys.)

- For the mod bug, simply install a mod with modded recipes and try to find them in the tabs given. No luck, right? You'll find it in the "everything" tab. Gross!

• Sanity 3

User Feedback

A supporting comment, just as you`ve asked.

Seriosly, Klei, fix this

Edited by roversfanss

Share this comment

If you start a world without and client mods enabled, does the Q and E still rotate the camera? I'd be interested in knowing which client mods you are running so I can look into which one is causing this bug.

As for the modded recipes in the crafting menu, there is a mods filter located beside the sort button. Modded items that use to be in the seafaring tab would be easy for us to automatically move into the correct filter but a number of items would be quite challenging to guess where they belong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

46 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

If you start a world without and client mods enabled, does the Q and E still rotate the camera? I'd be interested in knowing which client mods you are running so I can look into which one is causing this bug.

As for the modded recipes in the crafting menu, there is a mods filter located beside the sort button. Modded items that use to be in the seafaring tab would be easy for us to automatically move into the correct filter but a number of items would be quite challenging to guess where they belong.

So for the rotating issue I found the issue, it was indeed a client-side mod called observer camera. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

As for the modded recipes thing, please do try to filter stuff! It'd help a lot of mod creators out, and keep those outdated mods from going out of commission entirely. You could possibly make some kind of script filter to push things with keywords into filters. For an example, if an item name has "boat" in it, that mod item will be sent to seafaring. I hope you all figure something out!

Edited by Prestal

Share this comment