Turning Dusk Right as World is Created

420Waffle
  • Known Issue

So I was looking through all of the characters, talking about some to a few family members when I then go into the game to find out that is is already dusk? I was the one who created the World (a brand new world) so I was awfully confused to find out it was dusk right as I created the World. This has only happened one time.

Steps to Reproduce
I first Started up the game. I then clicked on 'Play!' and waited for it to load my account. After a few seconds it loaded then I clicked 'Host Game' and set up an Online Alone game and clicked 'Generate World'. After only about 2-3 seconds it turned to Dusk.

User Feedback

I found out that this is not a bug. I found out that the time you spend in the Character Select menu takes away from your in-game time.

Share this comment

Changed Status to Known Issue

This is a known issue that time passes while you are in the Character Select screen for worlds without Caves.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, V2C said:

Changed Status to Known Issue

This is a known issue that time passes while you are in the Character Select screen for worlds without Caves.

Does this not happen for worlds w/ Caves?  I had no idea; I thought this was always the case.

Share this comment

23 hours ago, leonseye said:

Does this not happen for worlds w/ Caves?  I had no idea; I thought this was always the case.

Nah, when you choose a world with caverns then the server becomes a full shard setup where each shard goes into a paused state when no players are on it.

This makes time not pass.

Share this comment