Torch skins aren't shown properly

fimmatek
  • Fixed

After the last update (beta 211169) torch skins aren't shown properly. They look all right while in the inventory, however, when hold by the character or put on the ground, the torch itself will be a simple torch, without the skin. Their smoke are still correct, as seen on the pictures. So it looks like the skin of the torch is saved properly, it just isn't shown on the torch well.

This affected already existing and newly crafted torches too.

I tested this with the Tragic Torch and Weatherbeaten Torch skins, but I guess it's the same case with the others as well. 

bug10_torchskin1.jpg

bug10_torchskin2.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Craft a torch with a skin.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

It looks like there might have been an issue with the update you received from Steam. Can you please try going into the Don't Starve Together properties in your Steam library, and then on the Local Files tab, click on Verify Integrity Of Game Files. You'll need to close the game before doing this.

Share this comment

I too have the same issue, tragic torch has the base of a normal torch and has the flame of the tragic torch.

Share this comment

I have verified the game cache (before and after the newest update of yesterday) and the problem is still there.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, PeterA said:

Nvm, I've been able to reproduce it and am looking into it.

you have been eating to many red caps :>.

• Like 1

Share this comment

My red cap bellyache went away and the bug will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for the report.

• Like 1

Share this comment