Stale Components Part#2

artemiyME
  • Pending

Ok so this is an update on previous problem regarding Stale Component in logs from while back that keeps haunting my servers since ANR Beta update about a month ago:

[00:00:54]: Stale Component Reference: GUID 105186, scripts/entityscript.lua:335
[00:00:54]: Stale Component Reference: GUID 105186, scripts/entityscript.lua:341

these 2 lines in logs are the root of all evil and makes me softly die from inside every time I see it. But we already know that form a month ago.

What I want to update on is that I found some links:

- the current log "server_log.txt" is from my pvp server and the way to reproduce a crash is by me simply joining server and selecting new character (world is day 8). After standing by gate and not moving (or dancing) for few seconds causes stale component to crash the server.

- Now if I manually crash/restart server at beginning of day 8 again, and have someone else join server at same time or before me - it does not crash but still has "stale component" in log at time of my joining (see "server_log_2016-12-07-01-27-50.txt" attached). When I join after the person, it still doesn't crash.

- if server is started without cave shard enabled - "stale component" does not trigger at all. that made me take a look at cave logs and I found soemthing peculliar in log "server_cave_log_2016-12-07-01-52-23.txt" attached below:

[00:01:40]:  Manager - ORPHANED UNKNOWN RESOURCES:
[00:01:40]: shaders/ui_yuv.ksh - 1

could this be it?

here is the entire server folder for inspection/testing, if needed: http://artemiy.me/gaming/DST/shares/PVPBeta.zip

Steps to Reproduce
Join PVP dedicated server, select character and wait few seconds, only works for me as solo person. Other people do not crash it even if I join. Caves shard MUST be enabled, otherwise it does not crash.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.