Some uncovered map is lost occasionally when transferring between shards

rezecib
  • Fixed

Usually when exploring I dip into each cave entrance I find and poke around a little to see if there will be a cave shortcut. However, I find that usually each game, one of the times I dip into a cave, the portion of map uncovered between the last dip and that one is lost upon returning to the surface.

Sorry for the huge client log, it covers two long play sessions which both had the error. I didn't see anything particularly suspicious in the log, but perhaps you'll know what to look for.

I talked to some other players on the server about whether this happened to them as well, and they reported getting different patterns to their map loss, but most did lose their map some of the time on migrating.

Steps to Reproduce
A bit hard to reproduce, but you could try just uncovering a little map, going into the caves, uncovering a little map, returning, etc until it happens.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I have map loss too. It's seems it's not linked to the cave, because if a end a session and restart it (without going into the caves), sometimes (well... often if the map is discovered for the most part), a little part of the forest map is hidden again (it can be a part of my camp for example).

It's very annoying.

Share this comment

I'm afraid that this bug seems to not be completely fixed.

In image in the attachment, you can see in the NE of my position, a part of my base camp (I'm absolutely sure I know this place, because I build it...), hidden after going out of the cave and in just after.

This screenshot was taken today (game revision 180846).

screen.png

Share this comment