Some loadout and menu bugs

Mudley
  • Fixed
  • There are times where old items will suddenly show as new, either both on the selection screen and the collection menu, or just on one.
  • The "Random" character loadout will show the 'new' indicator on the loadout. I believe this shouldn't happen. (Also, one suggestion: It would be nice to be able to choose random to a certain clothing, but still select a character).

Now this one is really old, that I'm not sure if it is really a bug, or me being just me, because I remember talking about this somewhere, but not if I actually reported it:

• The first option of every menu will highlight for a few seconds when they first appear.

Steps to Reproduce
Already explained, I think.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

It would be nice to be able to choose random to a certain clothing, but still select a character)

You should be able to do this already. Scroll all the way to the right to select a random clothing from that slot.

Does the random character always show the new icon? Could you post a screenshot? I'm not 100% sure which part you're referring to and I haven't been able to reproduce it.

Share this comment

12 minutes ago, PeterA said:

You should be able to do this already. Scroll all the way to the right to select a random clothing from that slot.

Oh, I in my head I thought the you could not do this. Welp, there goes Mudley saying stupid stuff again.

14 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Does the random character always show the new icon? Could you post a screenshot? I'm not 100% sure which part you're referring to and I haven't been able to reproduce it.

The red stripe that appears above a item that you recently got.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Mudley said:

The red stripe that appears above a item that you recently got.

Is it 100%?

Share this comment

10 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Is it 100%?

In the case of old items being treated as new, sometimes it happens, others times not.

About the random loadout showing the stripes, it can happen if you have a new clothing in the collection.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Mudley said:

About the random loadout showing the stripes, it can happen if you have a new clothing in the collection.

Ahhh interesting, thanks!

• Like 1

Share this comment

@Mudley can you let me know what's on line 505 of dressuppanel.lua? I haven't been able to reproduce your issue here unfortunately.

Share this comment

7 minutes ago, PeterA said:

@Mudley can you let me know what's on line 505 of dressuppanel.lua? I haven't been able to reproduce your issue here unfortunately.

item = "",

Share this comment

In that same block do you have this?

new_indicator = false,

It's odd that the line numbers didn't match up. Maybe check to see if your cache needs validating? Though it shouldn't have changed for quite awhile.

Share this comment

@PeterA Also, some proof that I'm not going insane:

qYmJN4P.png

And I think I just found out that this only happens the first time I boot up the game in a day.

Edited by Mudley
  • Like 1

Share this comment

11 minutes ago, Mudley said:

some proof that I'm not going insane:

I always love to see the proof! ;)

Share this comment

Alright, I fixed why it was showing up on the random character, but I don't know why new items are randomly showing up for other characters.

Share this comment

11 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Alright, I fixed why it was showing up on the random character, but I don't know why new items are randomly showing up for other characters.

Like I said, it seems to only happen once, the very first time the game is played on a day.

Share this comment

Hmm alright, I'll mark this as fixed for now and keep an eye on it. Thanks for the reports!

• Like 1

Share this comment

Sorry to bother you with this again @PeterA, but there are still problems, contact me if you have trouble reproducing this:

• All skins will still show up as 'new item' if crafted by clicking on the icon on the left bar, works normally if crafted by clicking the 'Build' buttom.
  • Firepits skins will always show as a 'new item', no matter the way used to craft it.
  • When I craft a Torch using the 'Build' button, it seems to reset my backpack skin as 'new items', this does not happen if the icon is used to craft it. Creating a backpack(by clicking 'Build') will make the rest of the backpack skins work normally, but then the process repeats, but with the torches this time.

And the character loadout screen still show all items as 'new items' the first time I boot up the game in a day, then works normally for the rest of the specific day.

And since the menus still highlight their first options when first acessed, I supposed this can't be fixed.

Edited by Mudley

Share this comment

Thanks for the info on this @Mudley. The new tag code has been a little flaky. Hopefully this info will help me track down where it's going wrong.

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

Fixed the issue with the new tags showing up in the crafting menu incorrectly.

Share this comment