Sinkhole restores the world

hhhchocolate
  • Pending

i tried to host cave on Mac but when I enter the sinkhole, it worked as a worm hole to a parallel world. 

Sinkhole only take me to another sink hole and restore entire world to Day 1 setting.

Also, when I enter the sinkhole again, it takes me to another sinkhole but this time the world goes back to the setting when I entered the sinkhole (ex. Day 141) 

Steps to Reproduce

User Feedback

Can you pastebin your Cave/server.ini  and your Master/server.ini and your cluster.ini 

Remove any public IP address and / or secretkeys :D

Edited by haywardGB

Share this comment

That looks fine to me, maybe someone else can go over them though as i'm actually dyslexic (not a good trait for a dev I know, lol)..

Are you running this on a dedicated server ?

It's obvious what's going on. You've got two Master worlds running and you're simply connecting between the two.  But how you've done that , is still a mystery. If you'd be willing to do a teamviewer session, i'll gladly try to help you out. But as it is i think this thread would just be a back forth of guessing work :D

Sorry for not being more helpful :(

Edited by haywardGB

Share this comment

Thank you so much for your help. 

I'm not running this on a dedicated server. I wonder what made it possible to run two master worlds tho :/

Any way, could you help me out to do a teamviewer session? I would more than love to solve this problem since I put so much time in it. 

Again, thank you very much for your help. 

Share this comment

Sure. Go to Teamviewer dot com and download the software, not sure if you're familiar with it or not. But it's free and all you do is start it up then pm me the ID and Password. Keep in mind, I'll see your desktop and everything you see . So hide the dodgy NSA material :p

I'll wait here till you pm.

Share this comment

I told this problem about the server to my friends who play DST with me and they'd like to rather start the new server D: 

So, I guess.. I'll just delete this server and start the new one. Thanks a lot for your help tho :p

Edited by hhhchocolate

Share this comment

Sign up to Vultr and set up two VPS's on their lowest package , it will cost you less than $10 per month and they run really smoothly. I'll gladly share my knowledge with you on setting it up. You only pay for what you use with these guys: http://www.vultr.com/?ref=6872806

They're giving away $20 free of service at the moment, so you can try it out for FREE for a whole month :D

Edited by haywardGB

Share this comment