Several different error messages when trying to update.

FroobLoob
  • Pending

When trying to install the latest update, the game would not open. When I attempted to play, I got a message that read "An error has occurred while updating Don't Starve Together (corrupt content files):" Someone gave me a fix for this issue, but when I tried it, I got a different error stating "An error has occurred while updating Don't Starve Together (content file locked):" I found a fix for this error, but when I went through that process, I got this message upon attempting to update "An error has occurred while updating Don't Starve Together (missing executable):". Yet again, I got a fix for that issue that didn't work. After my attempt to load the game for the 4th time, I went right back to the "An error has occurred while updating Don't Starve Together (corrupt content files):" message. ( I only managed to get a picture of one of the errors, the other errors looked almost identical to this one that I did get. )

oops.PNG

Steps to Reproduce
- Tried to update Don't Starve Together, 1st error message was shown. - Restarted computer, to no effect. - Tried to update game for a second time, Same error message as 1st time. - Uninstalled game. - Reinstalled game, updated and got 2nd error message. - Ran Steam as Administrator. - Tried to update again, got 3rd error message. - Restarted computer. - Attempted to update, got 4th error message.

User Feedback

Hello @FroobLoob, welcome to the forums. Could you list down all the other fixes you've gotten and tried before? Just so we won't have to reiterate methods that's already been tried.

Share this comment

7 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Hello @FroobLoob, welcome to the forums. Could you list down all the other fixes you've gotten and tried before? Just so we won't have to reiterate methods that's already been tried.

Hi @Zillvr. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the game once more this morning. I got the "(missing executable)" error again. other than that, I listed everything that I did.

Share this comment

42 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

@FroobLoob could you attach a copy of you client_log.txt file found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether? Drag drop the file directly to the edit box when you make a reply. If reinstallation doesn't work, try to verify the integrity of the game cache.

@Zillvr Here is the file. After reading your comment, I tried to verify the integrity of the game cache, I got this message.https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/254494350044692481/516278124032426020/unknown.png

client_log.txt

image.png

Share this comment

@FroobLoob try adding DST's executable called dontstarve_steam found in Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin to your antivirus whitelist OR disable your antivirus entirely then try again.

@FroobLoob also, game still doesn't open after verifying integrity?

Share this comment

First off, please ensure that your Windows user account has the proper administrative permissions to read/write the hard drive. 

You can also try running both the Steam client, as well as the game executable "as an administrator". As well, here are possible solutions that users have found for this particular issue on Steam: https://recroom.happyfox.com/kb/article/10-steam-corrupt-content-files-issue/

• Thanks 1

Share this comment