servers messing up

GuppyTheCat
  • Pending

Klei please fix this but 5 times i have hosted a server (with mods) and when i play on the it says "dedicated server failed to start." note that i don't have any big mods or anything that makes my game crash but yet the game somehow messes up my world and i don't know why! Please fix that as soon as possible! i dont want to to keep restarting my progress.20181203170107_1.thumb.jpg.846e71d5cc77ab3df4fd631bc3c94b08.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
i make a world customize it to my liking and play there were times where i used a mod called DST map revealer and also there were times i had to cancel joining mid load but nothing crazy it usally keeps happening when i get to the first few days of winter so when i leave and come back its messed up

User Feedback

Hi. Can you please attach the log files located here:

\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master\server_log.txt
\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Caves\server_log.txt

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

5 times i have hosted a server (with mods)

note that i don't have any big mods or anything that makes my game crash

yet the game somehow messes up my world and i don't know why!

20181203170107_1.thumb.jpg.846e71d5cc77ab3df4fd631bc3c94b08.jpg

From the looks of it, you have 32 server side mods enabled on a Day One world. I would suggest disabling every mod you have enabled (including your client-side mods) and then launch a modless world to see if the dedicated server still launches. I suggest doing it on a new save slot so that you don't have to worry about the first save slot being messed up. 

If the modless world doesn't launch, then I suggest doing what Scott said. I'm 99% confident that the modless dedicated server will launch, namely because my experience with that error message is that it's due to a coding error in one of the mods (source: My own custom mod). Otherwise, you would need to enable each mod individually, and launch the world each time you enable each mod. Once you get an error message, you now know where the potential issue is. Again, it could be an error in one of the mods, or there is a mod compatibility issue between the mods you're using. 

Share this comment