Server Not Responding

Dromedar
  • Pending

Hello all!

Me and my friends we love Don't Starve Together. But there is one problem, we can't play together, because we can not connect to each others servers. We tried many times. If I host a game than maybe 2 people can join but other two peeps can't, the server is not responding for them. I tried to make a dedicated server via Steam Tools, but it didn't helped. One of my friends can always join, but once it happened that we were playing for 70 in-game days and once he wanted to join he couldn't (server was not responding). We guess it is not our problem but the game's. I was looking for this kind of discussions, but nobody had this problem. One of my friends can join but he has lags all the time (lags like you can't move for 5 minutes). This happened to me too when I tried to join to him. I don't know what could be the problem, this is happening for over a half year. Back in 2016 we could play anytime. Hope you can help.

Steps to Reproduce
Nobody knows why this is happening, tried to reinstall the game, didn't help. :(

User Feedback

Hi,

We have the same problem, sometimes we can solve the issue with restarting steam or restarting our computer, but sometimes nothing helps.

We tried every possible fix we could imagine and find on forums:
We disabled firewalls,
Disabled mods,
Verified integrity of game files,
Restart routers,
Checked port forwarding,
Tried to switch hosts,
Creating new server,
Running DST as administrator,
etc...

We didnt have any problem with our games until around 2017 november-december, but since then its a struggle to connect to the server.

Any kind of feedback would be appreciated, i will gladly provide any log files or anything to help you get to the root of the problem.

Thanks,
Pablo

Share this comment