Server not responding after next day

thislooksgreat
  • Pending

I created an online game, we played for 6 hours, all was well. Next day, we keep getting 'server not responding'. This has happened several times across several days. We start a new server, we stop playing, we try to rejoin, but it doesn't work.

We created a NEW LAN game and we can join. We tried hosting the old game from online to LAN but we can't see it. We're really fed up!
1) How can we keep our progress?

2) How can we fix 'server not responding'

Steps to Reproduce
What we tried: - I forwarded my port (I'm the host), but nothing; - we can see my ping, it's very low; - we stopped using the wifi for the laptop and we connected it to the router; nothing; - we plugged the two computers directly; nothing; - there is not client_log.txt file; I double checked; - there is no DST folder in my 'steampapps' folder;

User Feedback

Are you running any mods? If so then try playing without any.

Your client_log.txt should be located in \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\ This is where all the save data for your profile and worlds is located. Without the log files we will be unable to diagnose the issue. If for some reason there are no files in it then please ensure you have write permissions for the folder and all sub folders.

Next time this happens, close DST and immediately locate the save files above and attach the log file:
- Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_log.text
If you have caves enabled, also attach these files (replace the # with the server number based on the order in the host game screen):
- Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_#\Master\server_log.txt
- Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_#\Caves\server_log.txt

Your install files, should you need to locate them, are under \steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together. Unless you changed this when installing. You can find the files by right-clicking DST in steam, select properties, local files, Browse Local Files...

Share this comment