Server host crashed while I was exiting caves, now I'm stuck in the caves and cannot get out.

SolarMisae
  • Pending

So throughout out game I was able to get in and out of the caves just fine, however at one point during our game myself, one other player and the host were exiting the caves and suddenly our host crashed while I was still in the "connecting" menu trying to load back into the surface. This resulted in a "server is not responding" screen and booted me back to the main menu. The other player and the host both were out of the caves before the crash happened, but I hadn't loaded out yet as I was the last one to click exit. When they returned to the server, they were both outside the caves. However, since I guess I never finished loading out before the crash when I reconnect I was/am still in the caves. That's fine, no big deal I think and I go to exit the caves. I get the "connecting..." screen that hangs for awhile then eventually says "Server is not responding, please try again later." and boots me back to the main menu. Now, I had no problems getting in or out of the caves that entire game, I'd already made multiple trips down there. The host, on the other hand, did have some issues earlier himself and crashed once trying to get into the caves. 

It was only after the host crashed a second time while I was loading OUT of the caves did my issue start. Now every time I load into the server I am still in the caves, and no matter what exit I use I always end up unable to get out, with the game telling me "Server is not responding, please try again later." then boots me back to the main menu. Is this a known issue, and if so, is there ANY known fix for this or am I just screwed and stuck down there forever?

Edit: with further testing it seems that this issue persisted on any server this particular host created, not just the one the bug originally happened on. I was able to jump into the cave but not leave. The bug only affected me, others could go in and out fine. I hosted my own server and had no problems, and on the server of another friend I also had no issues. It's just me, and just this host's servers.

Steps to Reproduce
Was in the "connecting" menu loading out of the caves when the host of the server I was on crashed.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.