saplings do not spawn after new tree/bush patch

DSTJunky
  • Closed

This has happened a few times to me now. The first time I didn't think anything of it but after starting a few servers I noticed it right away.

When the server spawns in with the new tree prefab and bushes, not all the time but every so often 3/12 times or so the spaling prefabs spawn in but they end up just being sticks on the ground.

No saplings actually end up spawning in with the original state so you cannot dig them up and replant them. Also tested this bug using teleport to prefab commands results come up with nil result.

So far it is only the saplings that have been affected, the normal berry bushes seem to spawn in fine.

Thought you should know,

Thank you,

DSTJunky

Steps to Reproduce
Launch a default server no settings changed until new tree prefabs have spawned in the world. If saplings exist try again it will happen

User Feedback

Hey DSTJunky,  I have a question about this.. in these worlds with sticks on the ground, do they also have the new Twiggy Trees?

Share this comment

If there were Twiggy Trees, this is on purpose. The resource variants are for providing different resource gathering experiences. If your world has Twiggy Trees, it means it won't have saplings. Instead of "picking" to gather twigs, you will use an axe to collect twigs, but you can also plant them easily and they grow quickly.

Twiggy Trees will also have some twigs scattered on the ground, that's why you are seeing that.

If you have the Changing Resources turned on in the world gen options, there is a chance from year to year that some of the variant resource types will switch from one version to another (saplings change to twiggy trees, grass changes to grass gekkos, etc). The old ones will get diseased and die off and the new one will appear around the world.

Share this comment