Sanity causes framerate spikes

RyanandLink
  • Closed

I play Wigfrid a good amount, and as of late I've been having this issue where if I play for a while my game starts to have huge framerate issues when I get sanity. Basically it goes to 1 FPS for a second and then returns normal (when I relog it fixes itself for a little bit.) I know sanity is causing it because when I pick a flower (or eat something that restores sanity) it happens as it does when I attack something with Wigfrid. My CPU performance is limited to 75% to avoid my notebook from shutting itself off- though I don't think this has anything to do with my issue since if I bump it up to 100% it still occurs. It's especially poopoo because I play PvP alot and it makes fighting impossible.

Attaching my most recent client_log.txt, dxdiag and .mdmp file if that is of any help.

client_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

dontstarve_steam_181891_crash_2016_6_23T16_51_13C0.mdmp

Steps to Reproduce
Play the game for a bit and notice the huge framerate issues when gaining sanity.

User Feedback

Checking your logs, it looks like your graphics card drivers have not been updated since 2011. Please install the latest drivers for your Radeon HD 7470M graphics card from: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

You can also try temporarily deleting your mod files and unsubscribing from them on the Steam Workshop to see if that improves the game's framerate. If that helps, re-subscribe to the mods one-by-one to see which one was causing the framerate dip.

Share this comment