[QoL Beta] Deerclopse spawning in Spring

Purple Squirtle
  • Fixed

This is on the beta branch for the Feb/March 2021 Quality of Life update.

It was spring, and I noticed in the corner of the screen a huge glacier appeared then disappeared, like Deerclopse does. Low and behold, he had spawned in our base so we rolled back.

There was no warning of his spawn like the game normally does. No character comments regarding something approaching.

I am aware of the boss counter that the game mechanic has regarding spawning, and I wonder if this happened because he hadn't arrived during the previous winter. However while I wasn't in the game for some parts of winter, my teammate is sure he did arrive in winter, so I dont know if this has anything to do with the timer.

This is the first seasonal boss we've encountered while playing in the Beta so cannot comment if this happens with other bosses. If it does, I will update accordingly.

Steps to Reproduce

Unsure of steps to replicate. Wait for spring, wait for deerclopse, perhaps.

deerclopseInSpring.png

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I got spring deerclops too. It was day 47, I notice the screen shaking and found deerclops in my base. However, I did kill him on day 31 during winter time.

Share this comment

oh i though i messed with the warning but was weird because it was spring too and her seems to just spawned because she only destroyed few fences like if she just arrived

Share this comment

considering deer didnt show up for several days after i did get a warning(choosing to come mid winter) in my most recent game i am wondering if there is a bug from recent updates that causes a long delay in the warning and potentially delaying her past her season?

Edited by gaymime

Share this comment