Ps4 Controller issue

Whmed
  • Fixed

Hi,

both DS and DST identify my ps4 controller as an xbox controller. I wasn’t able to play the 2 games for while. I thought you would fix it in this update tho. I am using Mac btw(latest update). 

Thanks!

Steps to Reproduce
Fix controller issue.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

@bizziboi do you mean report the bug? I just did that through DS Report a Bug option. Idk how to do that with DST. Sorry but Idk how to submit logs.. any hints?

Share this comment

That is really strange, do you have any helper software installed for your PS4 joypad? Any special drivers?

Is it a Sony pad or third party? Are you connected wirelessly?

Asking because normally OSX returns a string showing it as a PS4 controller and on your system it doesn't which is very odd.

Share this comment

Nope. I've been playing with my ps4 controller for several years, wirelessly and with wire. This happened before btw when Apple introduced OS Catalina. I reported it here and you fixed it. the guy said it has to do with the operating system. Apple kept updating the system and this happened on the last update. I think some people reported that too in DS Bug Reports section 2 days after my submission. That was like 4 weeks ago.

Share this comment

Wait, I think I have something I'd like you to try:

- Close Don't Starve

- Go into your steam library, right click Don't Starve Together (or Don't Starve)

- Select properties

- In the general tab set 'Steam Input Per-Game Setting' to 'Forced Off'

- Launch the game

Does that make any difference?

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

Omg thank you it actually worked on both games!! Yet strange that the light of the controller turned blue. I’ve done some tests and found out that tab touch button doesn’t work(which I used to set to view the map).

• Like 1

Share this comment

That is correct re touch button, unfortunately the changes needed for Catalina lost that button, although you can use the small button to the left ot it (forgot the name).

I am glad it worked!

• Thanks 1

Share this comment