Performance Issue?

KermitTheLibrarian
  • Known Issue

I been playing Don't starve together beta for over 100 hours, i used to get capped 60 fps on 1600x900 in game. Now when i play 1600x900 in game i get 29-37 fps and trust me there's a huge difference, Does anyone have the same issue and know how to fix it?

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

Steps to Reproduce
I don't know, i don't download any new games in a long time and i don't download anything new. don't know why sudden drop in fps

User Feedback

Are you hosting a dedicated forest + caves server while playing the game?

Do you happen to be running other applications in the background while playing the game? If so, try disabling those to see if that makes a difference.

If you have any mods installed, temporarily disable/delete those to see if that helps. If it does, try resubscribing to the mods one-by-one to figure out which mod was causing the slowdown.

Should the issue persist, please provide us with your DxDiag.txt and client_log.txt files. You will find client_log.txt in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether

Share this comment

I seem to be also getting the issue on my Nvidia GTX 960m. When I switch to my integrated 4600 HD graphics, the game is 60fps on 1920 x 1080.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by nickwarrior5

Share this comment

Same issue on Nvidia 960M card on both Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together. This appears to be game ready driver related. Rolling back to 362.00 resolved performance issues.

Share this comment

Interesting catch Zinc001; I was able to reproduce this with a different user. Thanks for sharing that with us. If everyone else can try rolling back your GPU to the previous driver, that may be of help until NVIDIA's next update rolls out. Let us know if that helps.

Share this comment