P1 unable to load into P2 Caves

Thomas_Artisto
  • Pending

Okay so the short of the issue is: P1 gets a "Server not responding" error when trying to load into the Caves in P2's world.

Now here are the specifics of what I have done to attempt to troubleshoot as a third person:

• P1 and P2 play their games on separate computers within the same house, on the same internet.
  • When P1 creates a world, P1, P2, and P3 can join the world and also travel to caves without any issues.
  • When P3 creates a world, P1, P2, and P3 can join the world and also travel to caves without any issues.
  • When P2 creates a world, P1, P2, and P3 can join the world. But only P2 and P3 can enter the caves. P1 is unable to.
  • Disabling firewalls across different computers in different combinations did not alter or change anything.
  • This issue occured before and after installing various mods.
  • We have attempted checking file integrity, and P1 has also reinstalled the game completely to see if any difference would occur but it showed no difference.
  • The connecting to caves issue for P1 in P2's world, has happened multiple times before and after each test.

When the issue does occur here are some things that I checked for specifically:

• P1 has 8GB of memory.
  • P1 uses about 6GB when running DST without caves.
  • There was no CPU or Memory spikes during play, or when connecting to caves for P1 when the issue occurred.
  • P1 and P2 have a internet connection of ~5 Mb up, and ~65 Mb down.

I am working on getting client_logs from the session when the crash occurred (waiting to have them all sent over to me).

Let me know what you think or if you have any ideas. Just google searching didn't lend me to find any solutions or really anything that applied to this very specific issue. If there is any additional steps you can advise, I can do more tests on my end and let you know what occurs (as well as provide more logs after each step).

~Thank you!

Steps to Reproduce
I am unsure of what specifically is causing this. As it appears to be very specific to what is going on. But if I could describe something, two computers on the same network connecting to each others caves. Each PC has different system specs.

User Feedback

Hello @Thomas_Artisto, welcome to the forums. Do you have an antivirus enabled? Try disable it and see if you are able to access the world. If you don't want to disable it, try and put DST into your antivirus' whitelist.

Share this comment

Turned antivirus off on P1 and P2 PCs, P1 is able to connect to P2s world, still though P1 gets tossed back to main menu when trying to enter caves in P2s world.

So no changes in the issue.

Share this comment

How is P1 joining P2's world? Browsing Online or Local games in the Server browser?

Client log from P1 would be really helpful (is P1 trying to access the public address, or the local subnet?)

Is either P1 or P2 on WiFi? Is the WiFi AP blocking communication between clients? (I forgot what the feature is called).

Edited by myxal
got P1/P2 confused

Share this comment

P1 and P2 use a cable connection to their internet. 

We all play over steam, so we are using the friends list to right click and "join game" of whoever is hosting.

Edited by Thomas_Artisto
Hope this answers the question to a degree, that is how we conenct to games together is via the steam friends list

Share this comment

This seems to be where on P1 it comes up as unable to connect to caves.

"

[00:11:14]: CurlRequestManager::ClientThread::Main() complete
[00:11:14]: HttpClient2 discarded 0 callbacks.
[00:11:14]: steamnetworkingsockets_lowlevel.cpp (88) : Assertion Failed: SteamDatagramTransportLock held for 252.1ms!
[00:11:14]: Shutting down

"

Share this comment