"Out of memory" after a crash, but that's impossible

Carnaxus
  • Pending

So this is two errors in one.  First, the game randomly crashed when I tried to enter a sinkhole.  No idea what happened there, as I just shrugged it off and tried to rejoin; this led to the second error.  I believe the .mdmp file was generated by this first crash; however, having no way to read the file locally, I cannot be sure.

I searched the forum and found that this error has been reported before, but no solutions were offered that fit my situation.  My client log reports that the game requested 2,316,597,890 bytes of memory, which when converted is around 2 GB.  My computer has 32 GB in total.  The log then goes on to list that the system memory load is only 31%, that there is 22526 MB (22 GB) of  32721 MB (32 GB) available.  How exactly did the game fail to receive the 2 GB it requested when there was 22 GB available?

Edit:

An update.  Just tried to run it again, in case it was a one-time error; nope, happened again.  New client_log.txt attached.

client_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Apparently the steps to reproduce are to crash when entering a sinkhole and then try to rejoin the server you were on.

User Feedback

Ive had this happen to me, usually its a mod that incorrectly compiles and says theres not enough memory. I remove the mod and it fixes it

Share this comment