Nobody except me can enter caves when I host.

IWasNotDemi
  • Known Issue

Hey Klei and fellow forum users.

I'm running a high-end pc with 250/100 mb/s. For the last months, ever since caves were added. Whenever someone enters a cave, shortly after they disconnect. I'm running an Ethernet cable straight into the wall, so there are no mysterious router settings afaik. Their machines are W10/W7 mid- to high end machines. I can host just fine in other games. I've posted about this problem before, several times actually. It has always gone unnoticed or simply ignored by devs and/or by the community. I have seen other people post about this problem and I haven't seen any confirmed solution so I know I'm not the only one with this issue.

If possible I'd love help from the community here or perhaps devs as well. I'm posting this message in bug tracker as well in order to receive attention from devs as well, this being the... well let's say far from the first time I post this.

There's no real steps one can do that I can think of to mimic this. I'm simply just hosting as per usual through "host game" and adding caves in the worldgen.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I've tried both with and without mods. I've tried re-installing and I've tried verifying game cache.

Steps to Reproduce
There's no real steps one can do that I can think of to mimic this. I'm simply just hosting as per usual through "host game" and adding caves in the worldgen. Thanks in advance.

User Feedback

Are the people connecting to you from the outside, or are they on the same LAN as you? It sounds like they are actually able to enter the caves, but then are disconnected several seconds later, as opposed to just getting a server not responding error when trying to enter the caves? Is this correct? 

Share this comment

2 hours ago, 255 said:

Are the people connecting to you from the outside, or are they on the same LAN as you? It sounds like they are actually able to enter the caves, but then are disconnected several seconds later, as opposed to just getting a server not responding error when trying to enter the caves? Is this correct? 

Hello. They are not on the same LAN as me. Yes that is correct, after having clicked the cave entrance, the portal animation plays and they disappear off screen. Several seconds later they show on my screen to have disconnected. 

Share this comment

Do you know what they're seeing on their end when they try to enter the caves? Are they getting into the caves at all, or just seeing a disconnect message right away?

It would be helpful if we could get some logs from you and somebody else who has connected to your server, after they have a failed attempt to enter the caves.

From the person NOT hosting:   

• Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/client_log.txt                                

From the person hosting (Replace the 'N' in Cluster_N with the number of the slot you were hosting in, eg: Cluster_1 for the first slot, Cluster_2 for the second, etc): 

• Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_N/Master/server_log.txt
  • Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_N/Caves/server_log.txt 

Share this comment

@Derfemel

Could you open a command prompt, and enter the following commands, and post the output here?

nslookup lobby.c.kleientertainment.com.
    ping lobby.c.kleientertainment.com

Share this comment

13 hours ago, 255 said:

@Derfemel

Could you open a command prompt, and enter the following commands, and post the output here?

nslookup lobby.c.kleientertainment.com.
    ping lobby.c.kleientertainment.com

Here it is (client side).

Unfortunatly, it's in french, I can translate if needed.

Microsoft Windows [version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits réservés.

C:\Users\fecarpentier>nslookup lobby.c.kleientertainment.com.
Serveur :   fs-qc-dc-001.frima.local
Address:  10.0.1.200

Réponse ne faisant pas autorité :
Nom :    lobby-576347807.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com
Addresses:  54.210.210.138
Aliases:  lobby.c.kleientertainment.com

C:\Users\fecarpentier>ping lobby.c.kleientertainment.com

Envoi d'une requête 'ping' sur lobby-576347807.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com [54.210.222.158] avec 32 octets de données :
Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.

Statistiques Ping pour 54.210.222.158:
    Paquets : envoyés = 4, reçus = 0, perdus = 4 (perte 100%),

C:\Users\fecarpentier>

If you need something else, just ask.

Thanks!

CommandPromptAsked_KLEI.jpg

Share this comment

And here is the Server Side info (mostly the same)

Microsoft Windows [version 10.0.10586]
(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits réservés.

C:\Users\Derf>nslookup lobby.c.kleientertainment.com
Address:  207.253.182.22

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
Réponse ne faisant pas autorité :
Addresses:  54.210.222.158

C:\Users\Derf>ping lobby.c.kleientertainment.com

Envoi d’une requête 'ping' sur lobby-576347807.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com [54.86.159.128] avec 32 octets de données :
Délai d’attente de la demande dépassé.

Statistiques Ping pour 54.86.159.128:
    Paquets : envoyés = 4, reçus = 0, perdus = 4 (perte 100%),

C:\Users\Derf>

7edea446-8b2a-4cbf-bef1-50342d094dd3.png

Share this comment

Hi,

Sorry for this late reply. 

I'm playing at my job, so yes it is possible that we have an Anti-virus or Internet security software, but I could not say which one it is.

Share this comment

@Derfemel : It looks like your issue is on the client side. The client appears to be having issues connecting to one of our servers to determine connection information for the caves server. Unfortunately this could be for any number of reasons, including firewalls, network security software, viruses, or just some issue with your ISP. We do have a network troubleshooting guide that may help here: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/1941750-network-and-performance-troubleshooting-guide but unfortunately it doesn't look like there's much that we'll be able to do on our side.

Share this comment