new bug about picking up motion with lazy foragers

Dreadstone
  • Pending

Usually, even with wearing an lazy forager, most hold the space bar or use drag action(Actionqueue Reborn mod) to quickly pick up things.

If I try to pick up things at the same time while wearing an lazy forager, will experience an uncomfortable situation that result in motion lag for one ~ two seconds. It seems to occur when the lazy forager picks up the objects that the character was trying to pick up. There wasn't a bug like this before latest patch.

20230121174918_1.thumb.jpg.3cf6d35fcee0878009a7c529c2fa9f70.jpg

I think it's solved after the patch about a bug drown from boats with lag compensation : predictive

Steps to Reproduce

User Feedback

4 hours ago, SleeplessRat said:

Have you tried disabling lag compensation

I said there wasn't a bug like this before latest patch.

As you said, if lag compensation is turned off, it's fine. But I can't turn off the lag compensation. If I turn it off, it's so stuttering and uncomfortable. lt's like I play LOL in foreign server with high ping.

Edited by lunararoma

Share this comment

7 hours ago, lunararoma said:

I said there wasn't a bug like this before latest patch.

As you said, if lag compensation is turned off, it's fine. But I can't turn off the lag compensation. If I turn it off, it's so stuttering and uncomfortable. lt's like I play LOL in foreign server with high ping.

Then it is not a bug. It is an illusion caused by lag compensation.

What is does is predicting your actions, stimulating them rather than what's actually happening. So it would look like you're pausing between picking up each item. However from the server's perspective, you're sending the request of picking up items one by one, not continuously.

To slove this, you could try either a), Improving your hardware. It might be that your CPU is not able to calculate all these data fast. Or b) connect to a closer server. Like what you said, joining games from another country will be laggy.

Share this comment

On 1/22/2023 at 5:28 PM, SleeplessRat said:

Then it is not a bug. It is an illusion caused by lag compensation.

What is does is predicting your actions, stimulating them rather than what's actually happening. So it would look like you're pausing between picking up each item. However from the server's perspective, you're sending the request of picking up items one by one, not continuously.

To slove this, you could try either a), Improving your hardware. It might be that your CPU is not able to calculate all these data fast. Or b) connect to a closer server. Like what you said, joining games from another country will be laggy.

This never happened before latest patch:Year of the rabbit. Also, my computer spec is very over-spec for this game.

Edited by lunararoma
  • Like 1

Share this comment