Mouse not working with A New Reign

Shadowdragon
  • Closed

This is a problem my friend has been having since A New Reign was first launched. I posted a bug report a while ago but never received any help. I'm hoping to have more luck this time. When my friend launches her game with A New Reign installed none of the main menu buttons work. No matter what button she clicks on it selects "quit" but doesn't actually quit. The only thing she can actually click on is "quit" which quits her out of the game. The only way to get into the game is by using a controller instead of her mouse. Once she's actually in the game she tried unplugging her controller and using her mouse. it worked for the most part but every time she left clicks it moves her character left (no matter what she's actually clicking on), and right click does nothing.

Reinstalling the game doesn't help. She's tried using a different mouse and it's had exactly the same problem. Turning off the New Reign beta seems to fix all the problems, but the problems come back as soon as the beta is reinstalled. I've included her client log report, although I don't know if it will show anything that will reveal what the problems are. She is using Windows 10, which apparently is causing problems with DST (like the whole mods problem), so maybe there's some problem with the combination of DST, Windows 10, and using a mouse?

Steps to Reproduce
Start up the game with A New Reign installed

User Feedback

If this is only affecting you on the beta branch, try deleting these files:

\\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta\client.ini
\\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta\client_save\profile

Share this comment

Resetting the controls seems to have worked. I guess something in the beta changed what her right and left mouse buttons were assigned to. 

Share this comment