Mooncaller staff's freezing effect is strong

SuperPsiPower
  • Pending

When I often go to use the Mooncaller staff, regardless of whatever season I use the staff in, it'll always freeze me and it'll sometimes freeze me to the point I cant warm up immediately after stepping away from it and going near a fire. I'm not sure wether this was intentional or not but the cooling effect is very strong and can kill people if not careful. It feels even stronger then the Starcaller's warmth!

Steps to Reproduce
Make a mooncaller staff, stand next to a polar light, wait for freezing, try to warm up.

User Feedback

Thanks for the feedback. It does sound a little too strong but maybe that's the balance for not setting the world on fire like the starcaller does? I'll have a look at the values tomorrow.

• Like 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Thanks for the feedback. It does sound a little too strong but maybe that's the balance for not setting the world on fire like the starcaller does? I'll have a look at the values tomorrow.

From what i've seen the values are completely the same; but they still act differently.

Share this comment

@SuperPsiPower

I haven't been able to reproduce not being able to warm up. On day 11 I warmed back up in about 5 seconds, without a fire. Do you have any ideas as to what might be contributing to you not warming back up (season, items, etc)?

Share this comment

I also experienced this "deadly freeze" one time I was hit by a flingomatic shot (non beta). I was iceblock and after that my temp was contant minus Celsius and getting damage, without being able to warm up even near a fire in summer.

I was not able to reproduce it, I thought it is just an event that happens by chance.

Edited by Serpens

Share this comment

10 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

@SuperPsiPower

I haven't been able to reproduce not being able to warm up. On day 11 I warmed back up in about 5 seconds, without a fire. Do you have any ideas as to what might be contributing to you not warming back up (season, items, etc)?

I think this is more season based, and this also seems to be one of those types of bugs that can rarely be reproduced easily. If I can find a way to clearly reproduce the bug ill message you.

Share this comment

I had a similar probem. When I stand at a polar light not in winter, the warning sound for freezing comes not a bit before actually freezing (like in winter), but only when I already freeze and lose life. This happened more times, especially in summer.

Share this comment