MoonbaseOne can fail to generate

SymKensaki
  • Fixed

Many of the new reign static layouts use the previously unused IGNORE_BARREN_RESERVED start and fill masks for their placement, which are still prone to failure unlike--as far as I know the only one that actually does anything--IGNORE_IMPASSABLE_BARREN_RESERVED.

I hate the ugliness that mask can produce too, but I suspect worlds aren't supposed to be without MoonbaseOne.

Steps to Reproduce
c_regenerateworld()c_regenerateworld()c_regenerateworld()c_regenerateworld()c_regenerateworld()c_regenerateworld()c_regenerateworld()c_regenerateworld()c_regenerateworld()c_regenerateworld()c_regenerateworld()c_regenerateworld()c_regenerateworld()c_regenerateworld()c_regenerateworld()

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Woah...your reporting of a bug managed to showcase a bug in the display of the "Steps to Reproduce".  Good job!

Share this comment

Did you run into a case where the moonbaseone failed to gen, or is this speculation? I'm pretty sure it is set up to spawn in the center of its room, so this shouldn't be a problem, but I'll double check on Monday.

Share this comment

Sorry, should have done one of these to make it less ambiguous.  Took less tries than I expected, too.

Most of my pieces larger than 4x4 that I can't afford to have fail to show up just have IGNORE_IMPASSABLE_BARREN_RESERVED, because despite doing exactly this where I place the pieces in their own special rooms and in the center of said rooms, it seems they cannot 100% reliably generate unless you give them that mask.

I would love if there were some better placement control options that aren't "chance to fail" and "so much brute force that if a node spawns funny it plants a huge set piece in a place that looks disgustingly inappropriate"

MoonbaseOne.png

Edited by SymKensaki
Added screenshot
  • Like 1

Share this comment