Mods Corrupted?

Kodae
  • Known Issue

When i launched DST to play at some time, I went to go check my mods to download some, and then i notice my mods were invalid, where it would say "workshop-(mod id number)" by unknown, Compatibility unknown. I tried cleaning the files on the menu but then all 55 of my mods had that effect (at the first time there were about 9 mods doing it). My access to deleting the mods was denied, but downloading new mods worked fine.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=864776586

Steps to Reproduce
I started DST up as usual and then this happened. Im not sure how though.

User Feedback

I expect this is an issue with the Steam Workshop servers, but it seems to be happening a lot lately (I've been getting many comments about it on my mods). Perhaps there is something that can be done from this end to make it a little less game-breaking? The main problem seems to be that the folder gets stuck in a state where it can't be deleted (aside from going into Safe Mode).

Share this comment

Has anyone found a way how to delete those corrupted folders? Mine usually contain a subfolder or two, both of which are empty, yet I cannot get rid of them. I had some corrupted ones that were empty from the start and able to be deleted, the mods worked afterwards, so maybe removing forcefully the others would help. Does anyone have any idea please?

Share this comment

I tried going into users and enabling the ability to delete the files, but it still didnt work. Even having full control of the computer, I couldn't delete them.

Share this comment

Having the same issue with my (six) mods.  It basically prevents me from joining servers with any of these mods active, which are all of the servers my friends play on unless I'm hosting.  I hope for a more urgent fix.

I've had a similar problem in the past month or so with another Steam game, I believe Crypt of the Necrodancer was failing to install its DLC because the target folder was similarly corrupted, with no known owner on the system (even created an admin user, and the error message said this user needed permission from an administrator).  I somehow managed to delete it eventually but I can't replicate with this issue.

In both cases, it is additional content downloaded from Steam that lands in a corrupt destination folder and breaks the game.

For helpful diagnostics, I'll note I am using Windows 10 and an ASUS N501VW laptop.

Share this comment

Hello , I have now the same problem. 
I have like 19 mods in this state and it is very problematic, I tried to unfollow and follow all the mod of a friend but most of them get recognized by the game and the others stay in their states of workshop-number 
I am still searching an answer with my friend for this but I'll be very happy if someone here find it 

Share this comment

UPDATE:  Okay, I remembered that my malware bytes blocked a connection of steam , I uninstalled it , reboot then opened steam and the game then I have 10 of the corrupted mod that got updated. Now I have only 9 who stays the same. 

Share this comment

UPDATE 2 : Got 2 corrupted mod again. I don't really know what to do now... 

Update AGAIN ( sorry):  I fixed the problem. 

After I uninstalled malwarebytes, I unfollowed, reboot the computer , followed again the mod then it all worked.  

IF IT DOESN'T WORK : 
Do this : 

I actually did it , but I didn't tried to unfollow / follow after deleting malwarebytes so I don't think it was usefull to me . 

Edited by shokujin

Share this comment

I have found small solutions that can't be forced, but mostly work. When steam went off for maintanence I was able to delete the corrupted mods simply by clicking the delete button. Then i could re-subscribe to it and it would work again.

Note-To-Self: Don't update mods. Re-subscribe to them.

Share this comment