Milkmade hat and Wortox

Pig Princess
  • Pending

Right now milkmade hat restores 2 times less hunger for Wortox than for any other character (combined with natural hunger drain it nets 56.25 hunger points vs 150 for other characters with default hunger drain, which is not worth the effort), and since it's not the case for jellybeans and soothing tea, I wonder if that's intentional. In case that is intentional, I posted that in "Suggestions and feedback".

Steps to Reproduce

1. Create new world and pick Wortox.

2. Give yourself milkmade hat and lower your hunger

3. Equip it and check the amount of hunger before and after milkmade hat was used.

4. Compare that value with value for other character with default hunger drain.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 for jellybeans and soothing tea and compare.

• Hunger 1

User Feedback

You get less value from jellybeans and the soothing tea as wortox, for instance the tea restores 15 sanity + 30 sanity over 1 minute, for wortox it gives him 7.5 sanity + 30 sanity over 1 minute.
The deal with the milkmade hat it's that its still a food non meat item, that's why wortox it restore less hunger or for wigfrid that can't even wear it 

Share this comment

It is intentional, the code specifically checks to see the players stat multipliers for foods, and uses Wortox's 0.5 multiplier for hunger.

It would be nice if Wortox got full hunger from it though, would make a niche buff for him : )

Share this comment

You get less value from jellybeans and the soothing tea as wortox, for instance the tea restores 15 sanity + 30 sanity over 1 minute, for wortox it gives him 7.5 sanity + 30 sanity over 1 minute.

I know about that and meant the same amount of healing/sanity over time, and it feels strange for milkmade hat to work differently (it's inconsistent, just like insanity/enlightement problem with Maxwell). I should have worded it more clearly though; also I already created thread with exact same name in "Suggestions and feedback" section.

If the problem is milkmade hat is food and therefore should restore less hunger, then why it's not the case for stat restoration over time for jellybeans/soothing tea? As for Wigfrid, I believe being fed like a baby with milk doesn't fit warrior. Althogh I don't see a reason why she couldn't break a character, like she does with jellybeans and taffy, as well as why she can't eat ice-cream and drink electric milk (electric milk obtained only through fight, and with creature that even can defend itself; as for butter-based ice-cream -  Wigfrid can eat monster lasagna which can be cooked without single piece of meat, also she can eat morsels perfectly fine, which can be obtained from creatures she doesn't consider enemies (rabbits, moleworms, etc.)).

Also following that logic Wormwood shouldn't get any healing from jellybeans at all.

Edit: on Warly milkmade hat works exactly how it works on Wilson, in other words, it ignores Warly's dish penalty, so why shouldn't it ignore Wortox's? Milkmade hat doesn't have full crock pot dish functionality despite being made in crock pot (Warly can't spice it, but can wear it despite it being not "true" crock pot dish), it doesn't apply repeated dish penalty neither after unequipping-equipping it back, nor after equipping the second one directly after first one being fully consumed, nor does it apply after each "drink" (essentially making Warly gain around 35% of hunger from milkmade hat compared to Wilson, which is not the case, he gains full 187.5 hunger point from it). So I don't see a reason for Wortox to be the only one excluded from that general rule "stat restoration over time isn't affected by modifiers".

Edited by Pig Princess

Share this comment