Maxwell shadow minions small behavior issue

eXiGe
  • Pending

Currently runs away from any hostile creature / monster and any shadow creature with a target

local function ShouldRunAway(target)
    return not (target.components.health ~= nil and target.components.health:IsDead())
        and (not target:HasTag("shadowcreature") or (target.components.combat ~= nil and target.components.combat:HasTarget()))
end

Switching the "or" to "and" means shadow minions shouldn't run away from any shadow creature or any hostile creature / monster without a target

local function ShouldRunAway(target)
    return not (target.components.health ~= nil and target.components.health:IsDead())
        and not target:HasTag("shadowcreature") and (target.components.combat ~= nil and target.components.combat:HasTarget())
end

shadowwaxwellbrain.lua line 112

Steps to Reproduce
Using Maxwell to chop trees with his minions while near shadow creatures
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

@eXiGe Does this issue still occur? I don't see changes in the mentioned lua file, but I also don't notice them running away when you have 3 Shadow Choppers and 1 Shadow Digger. 

I do see it happening with the Bone Helm, though it could just be because it's the Bone Helm. 

Share this comment

Yes.

Spawn a treeguard and set yourself to 0 sanity, your minions will run away from both the treeguard and the nightmares.

Add the fix and your minions won't run away from nightmares anymore and will only run from neutral / hostile mobs that have a target.

We ran into this issue when trying to combo wood farm with max and woodie. The plan was for max to wear the bone helm to counter beaver's excessive sanity drain.

• Like 1

Share this comment