Massive rubberbanding and lag on Local and Online Server.

decasrod
  • Pending

Me and my wife recently bought DST on Steam and wanted to play together on a Local server. The trouble is the game on default server configuration lags horrible after a couple of days for me, the client, and for the host after a couple more days. We have to keep disconnecting the server and resuming. We tried a game with Lots to each resource, and it lags from day one. We tried in offline mode Local, still lags after 3-4 days.

We're tried with no mods, and with mods, no difference.

I've checked Windows resource manager, even when lagging badly it does not go above 1.5GB ram usage and 30% CPU. Internet usage is average, barely goes beyond 10%.

In this state, the game is not enjoyable for us.

I should mention we tried a cracked version before buying the original, we could play that in offline mode with NO LAG. Yet the original version lags horribly in each game mode, be it local, offline, online, on other's people server's.

Our specs: Gigabit Internet on both PCs, same router, Ethernet cable connection - not wireless.

The host: i5 4460, 8GB RAM, GTX 970, Kingston V300 240GB SSD.

The client: i7 4510U, 12GB RAM, GT840M, 1TB 5400RPM HDD.

Is there a way to play completely offline, without lag, just the two of us? What would be the step for troubleshooting the game?

Another mention, we've played much more intensive online games without issues, we've streamed at the same time to Twtich, we've played games while downloading other stuff. We have no issues with our internet connection in general.

Please help.

Steps to Reproduce
Host server with default settings, Social and Endless Mode. Play for a couple of days.

User Feedback

necro with fix....HOST needs to port forward TCP 443 !!! SPREAD THE WORD!!!

tested this with my bro two-ways, took turn to do it!!!

Share this comment