Massive amount of Flowers keep spawning

Flowtje
  • Closed

Since about a month, in a few locations in our map I spammed flowers until I get a Rose at that location. But now, the game keeps spawning massive amount of flowers in that area, specially in Spring. to a point, that the game lags everytime it "tries" to spawn flowers, calculating where there is room. Similar to the lag spike you get on a Day switch, only worse, and multiple times per in-game day. Even if I pick up the flowers, and walk away, I notice a lagspike, walk back, and there they are again (see screenshots, notice the flowers in my inventory)

We tried putting wooden flooring under the core of the problem, hoping it would stop, but it just build in a big circle around the flooring, lagging even more because it calculates even further away from the core.

I also tried removing ALL flowers in a different region, where it's happening too, but they came back too within minutes.

It's happening to my knowledge in 3 different area's (all close to each other), where I placed and removed some flowers, but 2 of those regions I didn't place many. And it's not happening where I placed flowers for the bee's or other locations.

Is there a way to fix this? No server side mods are running, and NOT playing on the Beta branch, only a overwrite to clear diseases: https://gyazo.com/111242c810b25b97d24d24a8b20dcb34

Screenshots provided.

p.s. Could not find the MDMP file in the bin folder

20170226212516_1.jpg

20170226212830_1.jpg

20170304211213_1.jpg

20170304211420_1.jpg

20170226210218_1.jpg

20170226212754_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
No need to reproduce, it just happens constantly at the same position (specially during spring)

User Feedback

This is related to the regrowthmanager component not taking into consideration self-planted flowers.

It will continuously add more flowers to the regrowth phase the more you plant.

A temporary thing you can do in your world to clear these up is to catch the flowers on fire, as the regrowth event is only fired when they're picked.

(This should also be a bug, the catching them on fire makes them not regrow.)

Share this comment

I'll try this next time, might take a while that I can confirm that this worked. Until next spring.

Share this comment

Next time you want to spawn a rose, use "flower_rose"
and for specific flowers: c_spawn("flower"):OnLoad( {anim="f1"})  -- "f1" to "f10" for different flowers 

If you want to clear up the flowers then run the following command while you are standing near them. They will probably come back a few times due to you making space for new ones.
for _,v in pairs(TheSim:FindEntities(ThePlayer:GetPosition().x, 0, ThePlayer:GetPosition().z, 10, {"flower"})) do v:Remove() end

In general, using console commands are at your own risk. 

That said, how were you "spamming" the flowers? I had to spam a very large amount of them in the exact same location for this to show up in my profiler.

On 3/12/2017 at 2:06 PM, CarlZalph said:

This is related to the regrowthmanager component not taking into consideration self-planted flowers.

It will continuously add more flowers to the regrowth phase the more you plant.

A temporary thing you can do in your world to clear these up is to catch the flowers on fire, as the regrowth event is only fired when they're picked.

(This should also be a bug, the catching them on fire makes them not regrow.)

Fixing both of these now (c_spawn("flower") will not be counted as "player planted" though...).

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 13-3-2017 at 10:13 PM, ScottHansen said:

Next time you want to spawn a rose, use "flower_rose"
and for specific flowers: c_spawn("flower"):OnLoad( {anim="f1"})  -- "f1" to "f10" for different flowers 

If you want to clear up the flowers then run the following command while you are standing near them. They will probably come back a few times due to you making space for new ones.
for _,v in pairs(TheSim:FindEntities(ThePlayer:GetPosition().x, 0, ThePlayer:GetPosition().z, 10, {"flower"})) do v:Remove() end

In general, using console commands are at your own risk. 

That said, how were you "spamming" the flowers? I had to spam a very large amount of them in the exact same location for this to show up in my profiler.

Fixing both of these now (c_spawn("flower") will not be counted as "player planted" though...).

I spawned flowers for a few ingame years, keep getting new butterflies. but burning the flowers seems to work i some locations. ill try use the console command too, thanks.

Share this comment