Market issue.

ConfusedCourier
  • Fixed

Not sure if this is related to you guys or Valve but thought i'd post this here anyway. I bought 9 spiffy items to trade up but it just kept erroring, items were not in my steam inventory for some reason so it could not use them. Relaunched the game and the items were eaten. Odd bug. I'll pop steam a support ticket.

Steps to Reproduce
Dunno? Buy items off the market i guess?

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Unsure what a KU is unfortunately. 

Would just send my log.txt but it seems to be 2 days old for some reason and i couldn't get it to refresh.  

Edited by ConfusedCourier

Share this comment

Sorry, the file name has changed, you'll want to send us your client_log.txt now in the Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether folder.

Share this comment

On 2/14/2016 at 7:07 PM, ConfusedCourier said:

Here is my client_log.txt from today, hope it can help.

Looks like the info I need that log isn't actually in there. I'll add it on our side for the future, but in the mean time can run the game, login, then press ~ to bring up the console, and type 

print( TheNet:GetUserID() )

That should then print out your KU, in the format KU_abcdefgh.

Share this comment

Hey @ConfusedCourier, I looked into your account. As far as I can tell, all the items that were generated in swapping of items with the trade in are all accounted for. They were either sold on the marketplace, or used in other trade inn swaps. Most likely what happened is that a trade-in went through when there was an interruption with the item server, and it appeared that you didn't get your item, but simply didn't notice that the new item was subtly added to your inventory next time you logged in. If you think that's not the case, can you let me know which specific item you believe was lost and I can try to get more specific details on what happened.

Share this comment

@PeterA Well i did instantly receive a gift containing a distinguished cocktail dress the next time i joined a server, could that have been it? I'm certain there was no item there in my inv before i joined a game.

Share this comment

27 minutes ago, ConfusedCourier said:

Well i did instantly receive a gift containing a distinguished cocktail dress the next time i joined a server, could that have been it? I'm certain there was no item there in my inv before i joined a game.

Ahhh yup, that'd be it! Because you never received the trade-in response, you weren't able to open it. Then the item appears to your inventory as an unopened gift and doesn't show up in your collection until the next time you join a game.

Thanks for the info there! That makes sense why you wouldn't have seen the item in the your collection upon returning to the trade inn right away.

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

Just now, PeterA said:

Changed Status to Fixed

Existing functionality will stay there as it will only appear when the item server gets into a frequent crash/restart loop.

Share this comment