Lua Memory

h3gproject
  • Closed

Hello, I'm having some problem with DST. I can play DST without lags, but after some time, I realized that the game starts to give lags when I mouse over the inventory items, and I came to the conclusion that it is something called "lua mem", and I do not know exactly what is this. When I press the backspace, in the upper left corner I see this description "lua mem" and I notice that when the world starts, the first 2 digits are around 30-32, but when it increases to 35, 36, the lag begins to appear, so I believe it is some memory problem, however my computer has 12GB of RAM, and I use almost nothing. I wanted to know if there is any way to free up more memory for DST to use from my computer, to avoid these lags. I have already done a test with and without mods, and it always happens. I have also done files integrity in steam and continue, I believe it is not a problem of bad installation.

Sorry for the English, because I'm Brazilian and I'm using google translator, but I really like this game and I needed to come here to take this question with the devs.

My Computer Specifications:

- 12GB RAM Memory
- AMD FX 8320E - Octa core 3.2ghz
- AMD RX 460 4GB
- Windows 7 64bits

DST Lua mem.png

Steps to Reproduce
It usually happens after some time that I am in the world, and to supposedly solve this I have to enter the cave or write in the console c_save() and then c_select(): Remove() and put the mouse in my character, so he gives a quick relogin, and then the lag disappears, however it is very inconvenient to have to play always this way.

User Feedback