Launch sever failed

WarmDST
  • Fixed

sorry about my poor English, ,I'm living in China.Host a sever with caves are always on the "launch sever"screen ,somesays use VPN can launch it normal,But I don't know how to use vpns.Maybe this update make caves link to some website,Please give a option to turn it off,I just want to play DST like before,Thanks a lot

Steps to Reproduce
just open a slot

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I met this problem too.

It seems that caves couldn't connect to the master.

Here is part of dedicate server launching logs.

[00:00:09]: [Steam] SteamGameServer_Init success
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[5] <-> <nil>[5] (inactive)	
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[4] <-> <nil>[4] (inactive)	
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[7] <-> <nil>[7] (inactive)	
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[3] <-> <nil>[3] (inactive)	
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[8] <-> <nil>[8] (inactive)	
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[9] <-> <nil>[9] (inactive)	
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[10] <-> <nil>[10] (inactive)	
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[2] <-> <nil>[2] (inactive)	
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[6] <-> <nil>[6] (inactive)	
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[1] <-> <nil>[1] (inactive)	
[00:00:14]: [Shard] Connection to master failed. Waiting to reconnect...
[00:00:14]: Gameserver logged on to Steam, assigned SteamID [A:1:1290573834:11139]

深度截图_deepin-terminal_20181001133835.png

Share this comment

HI. Please follow these steps to:
- launch DST and disable all client mods
- close DST
- verify your game files via steam (instructions here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)
- launch DST, keep all client mods disabled
- try to create a new world with caves and no server mods 

if that does not solve the problem then please attach the server_log.tex files for Master and Caves located at:
- Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master
- Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Caves
(replace "Cluster_1" with the cluster your world is saved to)

Share this comment

21 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

HI. Please follow these steps to:
- launch DST and disable all client mods
- close DST
- verify your game files via steam (instructions here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)
- launch DST, keep all client mods disabled
- try to create a new world with caves and no server mods 

if that does not solve the problem then please attach the server_log.tex files for Master and Caves located at:
- Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master
- Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Caves
(replace "Cluster_1" with the cluster your world is saved to)

It was caused by this update not files problem, Caves has changed it's ip connetion 。People live in China can't connet to some website,such as twitch,youtube,facebook and s3.amazonaws.com!!so please change  sever address

Edited by WarmDST

Share this comment

Can you please grab the hotfix (build 287805) that just went out and try again? 

If the problem persists, can you please attach the server log files in their entirety so I can verify the source of the problem?

Thanks.

Share this comment

14 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Can you please grab the hotfix (build 287805) that just went out and try again? 

If the problem persists, can you please attach the server log files in their entirety so I can verify the source of the problem?

Thanks.

This bug has been fixed,Thank you for your hard work,But I'm not sure will this problem recur?I have mentioned the reason before which found in the server log,Can't connet to s3.amazonaws.com  make caves failed to start,Thanks again
5 hours ago, WarmDST said:

This bug has been fixed,Thank you for your hard work,But I'm not sure will this problem recur?I have mentioned the reason before which found in the server log,Can't connet to s3.amazonaws.com  make caves failed to start,Thanks again

Not again! This problem still exist ,here is the sever log

server_log.txt

Edited by WarmDST

Share this comment

The log you attached shows the server was running for around 15 min. Can you make sure the log file is for the Cluster that failed to start?

Could you try again and then attach the client_log.txt as well as both the Master and Caves server_log.txt ?

[00:10:58]: CURL ERROR: (s3.amazonaws.com) Failed to connect to s3.amazonaws.com port 443: Timed out

If this is the error you were previously talking about, then don't worry about it. It will not affect the game, it is part of a feature that is still in development, and we are aware that the s3.amazonaws.com will not work in china, this will be changed when the feature is ready to go live.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

The log you attached shows the server was running for around 15 min. Can you make sure the log file is for the Cluster that failed to start?

Could you try again and then attach the client_log.txt as well as both the Master and Caves server_log.txt ?

[00:10:58]: CURL ERROR: (s3.amazonaws.com) Failed to connect to s3.amazonaws.com port 443: Timed out

If this is the error you were previously talking about, then don't worry about it. It will not affect the game, it is part of a feature that is still in development, and we are aware that the s3.amazonaws.com will not work in china, this will be changed when the feature is ready to go live.

I'm sure.15 min  mean I'm waiting for the game start but it alway on the screen of  " luanch the server " In fact It will never start, I have tried 5 days.And all Chinese can't start games with cave .you can see it ,here is the client log

server_log.txt

Share this comment