It won't pick up when I click with my mouse

FabulousApple
  • Pending

When I first downloaded the game I started to play but died right away so I went back to play again. Only this time it no longer picked up when I would click on things with my mouse. my mouse works everywhere but in this game. I can even use the mouse to highlight the option in the game I want by draging the cursor over the item but it doesn't recognize the click so I have to hit enter instead. I have changed out the mouse, put new batteries in this mouse and even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and I still cant get it to work again like it did in the beginning. PLEASE HELP I JUST WANNA PLAY!!

Steps to Reproduce
I was changing the keys in the options pannel so I could use other keys to move around but nothing to do with the mouse. After I died I tried to click myself into a new game and thats when I realized something was wrong.

User Feedback

Hello @FabulousApple, welcome to the forums. You are still able to click buttons in the menu and options menu right? So have you attempted to Reset Binds for the Controls in the Options Menu then try to play again? As far as I know there is no click+drag box that allows you to pickup items in DST unless you are using a mod. 

There is also another way to pick up items which is to press Spacebar (this is the default key bound to Do Action). Do Action will force your character to do the nearest action, so if there is an item on the ground they will pick it up.

Another thing you should probably check is if there are other peripherals interfering with your mouse clicks. Unplug any other inputs like controllers/etc and start up the game again. Since you mentioned batteries in your mouse, I'm guessing you are using a bluetooth mouse, try to unplug then replug the dongle that is partnered to your mouse.

Lastly, would you mind saying what operating system you are playing on?

In the mean time, try the things I mentioned first and report back if they worked or not.

Listing them down as follows:

• Reset Binds for controls
  • Remove other input peripherals (game pad controllers, things that use usb ports etc.)

Good luck, cheers.

Share this comment