Invisible character and corrupted data [PS4]

GregoryAndTheHawk
  • Pending

[around 6:30pm PST]

Well today, Monday, August 27th, I see my Don't Starve Together app updating so I check the update history (Btw, it was update Version 1.29) and realize that "The Gorge" is out for ps4. I go into my curio cabinet and start poking around looking at all the Victorian skins, play a game solo, open 2 Victorian Chests, and when I go back into the curio cabinet my game crashed. I re-booted the game and there were no issues. I turned off my ps4 and when I came back an hour later it crashed again (in the curio cabinet like last time), only this time re-booting the game i get a message saying all my saved data is corrupted. No problem, that's why I have my data saved in a usb drive attached to the ps4 every week. But instead of manually doing that through "Application Saved Data" in the Ps4 Settings Menu, on the titled screen where it had the message about my damaged save data, was the option "Restore Backup", which I tried, and surprisingly, that restored it to the exact place it left off (which was better because my usb storage was further back than where it restored through this option). Anyway, I go into my game and my character is invisible. I can still see my circular shadow, but I can't see my own character. I can still get hit (tried with Cave Dweller spiders), so now I am stuck (after re-loading the world a couple of times) with an invisible character. I hope this wasn't too confusing.

EDIT:

[6:55pm PST]

I restarted my app and my character is now visible again (I still have a saved 3min20sec video on my PS4 showing the moment my data was corrupted, "restoring the backup", and going into the world where my character was invisible). Still, I haven't played more than 2 hours of this new update and already have crashed twice in the same area (the Curio Cabinet), with one of those crashes leading to corrupted data, so I think there is still an issue here...

EDIT #2:

[6:58pm PST]

Well I was in my Curio Cabinet AGAIN (swapping default outfits on my characters) and the screen went black for about 5 seconds before crashing with the common crashing-error code (CE-34878-0). At this point I don't want to try going into my Curio Cabinet and switching around outfits again...

Steps to Reproduce
1. Updated game to Version 1.29 2. Start Game and play new content/check out new items in Curio Cabinet 3. Game crashes 4. Restart game and now at title screen is "saved data corrupted" message 5. Choose "Restore Backup" of the total four options (1. Disable Save 2. Restore Backup 3. Overwrite 4.Retry) 6. Load into world and see that character is INVISIBLE and can still be damaged

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.