Instant Sanity loss on new server creation

Sign1fy
  • Closed

So today I decided to play with a friend, when I joined his server I immediately lost all my sanity, everything went black and white and the audio cues came on. Also I couldn't place campfires and when I hovered my cursor over my sanity it still said I was at 100 sanity. I could not gain any sanity, I tried picking flowers and wearing a garland and nothing changed. This lasted for an hour before I quit, for that hour I did not run into any terrorbeaks or any other hostile creatures that appear when insane.

We've tried making a new server, I tried verifying game cache as well as reinstalling, and I have uninstalled all my mods. Nothing has helped yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Steps to Reproduce
I joined my friends survival server, after about 20 seconds of normal gameplay I went to chop down a tree and this occured, this has happened multiple times before but while preforming different actions. All times have occured a few seconds after the game running normally

User Feedback

@Sign1fy, welcome to the forums.

This is most likely due to one of enabled mods that causes network synchronization issues. You said you disabled your mods, which is good, meaning it could be caused by one of server mods.

You could look at those mods' comments/discussions, to see whether people have already reported such issues.

Or, attaching/linking to your full log file client_log.txt could help diagnose which mod it is caused by.

If your friend has enabled some server-only mods, their client_log.txt would be useful as well.

Client_log can be found here:
PC: Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_log.txt
Mac: ~/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/client_log.txt
Linux: ~/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/client_log.txt

If the host has a world with caves, the logs for them can be found at:
Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_{N}\Master\server_log.txt
Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_{N}\Caves\server_log.txt
where {N} is the number of the save slot.

Share this comment