I can't start the game when I open the caves.

Spikee
  • Fixed

When I opened the caves, I can't create the game but caves are disabled and I can create the game. I want to play with caves on. How can i fix this bug?

Steps to Reproduce

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Hi. Please try these steps:
- launch DST and disable all client mods
- close DST
- verify your game files via steam (instructions here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)
- launch DST, keep all client mods disabled
- try to create a new world with caves and no server mods 

if that fails then please attach the server_log.tex files for Master and Caves located at:
- Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master
- Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Caves
(replace "Cluster_1" with the cluster your world is saved to)

Share this comment

When you try to create a game with caves, what do you see? Do you get a disconnected message or something else?
Could you also try again with the latest patch. If it fails, could you attach your \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_log.txt ?

Share this comment

19 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

When you try to create a game with caves, what do you see? Do you get a disconnected message or something else?
Could you also try again with the latest patch. If it fails, could you attach your \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_log.txt ?

When the caves are open while trying to create the world '' server is generating... '' jamming and the world is not starting.

client_log.txt

Share this comment

The client_log.txt you attached appears to be from a session where you played in a non-caves world for some time.

Could you disable all your client mods, then restart DST (shut it down and re-launch it), keep all client mods disabled. Now try to create a caves world game that has no mods enabled and wait at lease 2 min before cancelling the world gen or closing the app (even if windows says it is unresponsive). After that, shutdown DST and attach the client_log.txt and the Cluster's Master and Caves server_log.txt files.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

The client_log.txt you attached appears to be from a session where you played in a non-caves world for some time.

Could you disable all your client mods, then restart DST (shut it down and re-launch it), keep all client mods disabled. Now try to create a caves world game that has no mods enabled and wait at lease 2 min before cancelling the world gen or closing the app (even if windows says it is unresponsive). After that, shutdown DST and attach the client_log.txt and the Cluster's Master and Caves server_log.txt files.

I followed your instructions and sent them.

client_log.txt

server_log.txt

server_log.txt

When the caves are openly created the world is exactly stuck like in the image, and the world can never be created.

Screenshot_1.png

The world can only be create with caves open while offline mode is on.

Edited by Spikee

Share this comment