I cannot connect to my friend's server

isthisworkingnow
  • Closed

When trying to connect to a friend's server I get the "Banned" message even though I am not banned.

Steps to Reproduce
I honestly have no idea
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Exactly. It happens with my server Camels on ANR. My blocklist is a custom one and Henry obviously isn't on it (he's our best Wolfgang!). I'm pretty helpless. We restarted the game etc. Nothing changes. Should I provide my log and the blocklist?

• Like 1

Share this comment

59 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

@Arlesienne How are you adding entries to the block list? Are you manually adding steam ids to the text file?

I take the 64-bit Steam IDs from SteamRep and paste them one by one as a few players coordinate who griefed whom and the others then get their IDs in advance. That's why we don't get vote-griefed by some of the regular vote griefers mentioned around with bots.

Share this comment

@Arlesienne

I haven't been able to determine why your friend (the OP) is considered banned from the server. However the code for loading ban list has some bugs in it when users manually add Steam IDs without a KU for it (I've added this bug to my task list but I don't have an ETA).

First, could you rename the your block list file (so that it wont get loaded in), restart the server (you will need to shutdown the executable) and then see if the OP can join the server.

Next restore your blocklist file and delete the first character from every line in it (If you open it in note pad, all the data will show up in one line, so use a different program). Restart the exe and have your friend try again.

Let me know how this goes.

• Like 1

Share this comment

11 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

@Arlesienne

I haven't been able to determine why your friend (the OP) is considered banned from the server. However the code for loading ban list has some bugs in it when users manually add Steam IDs without a KU for it (I've added this bug to my task list but I don't have an ETA).

First, could you rename the your block list file (so that it wont get loaded in), restart the server (you will need to shutdown the executable) and then see if the OP can join the server.

Next restore your blocklist file and delete the first character from every line in it (If you open it in note pad, all the data will show up in one line, so use a different program). Restart the exe and have your friend try again.

Most curiously, before I saw this message, we played - and Henry connected just fine. I'm rather startled, but relieved.

Share this comment

17 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

@Arlesienne

PS In case a situation like this happens again, would NotePad++ work? Before I started avoiding evidence-confirmed griefers in advance, my blocklist would indeed be one long alphanumeric string, with the information on where the ban happened, which character they used to grief and so on.

Share this comment

Just now, Arlesienne said:

PS In case a situation like this happens again, would NotePad++ work? Before I started avoiding evidence-confirmed griefers in advance, my blocklist would indeed be one long alphanumeric string, with the information on where the ban happened, which character they used to grief and so on.

It probably will, I don't have it installed though. I know Sublime Text works.

• Like 1

Share this comment

1 minute ago, ScottHansen said:

It probably will, I don't have it installed though. I know Sublime Text works.

Much obliged, I'll check it out. Thanks!

Share this comment