Huge bug, MAIN SCREEN - 1 moth, no solution

archonbr
  • Pending

I don't wanna talk again, but here is the link for the problem again and no one cares.

Steps to Reproduce
Star the game via steam

User Feedback

Hi, please try validating the game cache via steam (instructions here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335 )

If that doesn't solve the issue then please try using your keyboard (arrow keys to navigate and press enter to press the button) and let me know if that works. 

Next thing to try: before starting the game, unplug any game pads you have plugged in.

Could you also attach the client_log.txt  file stored in my documents / Klei / ddontstarvetogether

Share this comment

My friend is having a similar issue. She can click play, but then none of the menu buttons work. it seems to be a problem with the new Beta update A New Reign, because when she disables it the game works fine. It also only seems to be a problem with her mouse, the keyboard and controller work fine. Kind of sucks that the entire support staff have vanished for the holidays right after releasing a super buggy update.

Edited by Shadowdragon

Share this comment

On 25/12/2016 at 5:28 PM, ScottHansen said:

Hi, please try validating the game cache via steam (instructions here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335 )

If that doesn't solve the issue then please try using your keyboard (arrow keys to navigate and press enter to press the button) and let me know if that works. 

Next thing to try: before starting the game, unplug any game pads you have plugged in.

Could you also attach the client_log.txt  file stored in my documents / Klei / ddontstarvetogether

only left the keyboard and same thing..

here is the log

client_log.txt

Share this comment

@archonbr

A) Did you try holding down the mouse button for a second or two instead of just clicking normally? Some users have reported they have to hold the button down for a while.

B) In the previous post, you had a controller attached, Are you able to use the controller to get past this screen?

Share this comment

On 03/01/2017 at 3:26 PM, ScottHansen said:

@archonbr

A) Did you try holding down the mouse button for a second or two instead of just clicking normally? Some users have reported they have to hold the button down for a while.

B) In the previous post, you had a controller attached, Are you able to use the controller to get past this screen?

A) Yes, keeped press for more tham 10 seg.

B) this thime i unpluged everything, even the keyboard, only the mouse was pluged.

• Like 1

Share this comment

@archonbr

Sorry for not following up on this sooner. Its odd that the pirated version seems to work while the steam version does not.

Could you please try a few more things to help identify the source of the problem.

C) If you press Backspace, does it show the FPS at the top right corner of the screen?

D) If you press ~ does the console screen open up?

E) I'd like you to modify one of the game files.

• With the game not running
  • In the game's install directory (if you don't know where this is then in steam, right click on DST -> properties -> local files tab -> Browse Local Files ) open the file \data\scripts\frontend.lua in any text editor. 
  • find the line containing: function FrontEnd:OnControl(control, down)
  • Add a new line after that with the following code:
    • print("OnControl:", control, down)
  • save the file and then run the game
  • try to click on the buttons
  • press all the mouse buttons
  • press Enter, esc, ctrl, alt, shift, w, a, s, d, and each of the arrow keys
  • attach the new client_log.txt file to this bug report.

Share this comment