Hosting a "caved" server shuts PC down.

DMSJ
  • Closed

Fresh-installed DST on Windows 7, no mods. No beta's opted in. Hosting a server without adding caves works perfectly. Having added caves, "Launching Server" box shows up, "Server is Generating World" after that - and PC shuts down. World files appear in documents, and trying the same world next time, it says "Resume World". After that, still "Launching Server" followed by "Server is Generating World" + shut down as if electricity had gone off.

Followed the guide on

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/64212-dedicated-server-quick-setup-guide-windows/

Ran StartDSTServers.bat, and right when the value in the CMD reached 100, instant shut down again.

Starting the game in offline mode produces the same results (shut down).
Joining a server with Caves poses no problem.

Added my dxdiag. Could not locate "log.txt" in Donotstarvetogether folder, but I assume its "client_log.txt" now? Attached that.

P.S. after many tries (~50) I had two instances of server actually loading. Disconnecting and trying to load the same world again or create a new one again results in a shut down. Working on bigger sample.

DxDiag.txt

client_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Install DST on steam, Windows 7 x64 bit; Launch the game; Click Play; Click Host Game; Chose any game mod; Enable Caves in the "World" tab; Press "generate world".

User Feedback

FIXED. Got tired of restarting my PC, so tried watching cinematics. To my great surprise it shut down in the middle of cinematics, and it was clear caves had nothing to do with it. Reassembling entire PC worked (Had recently installed new hardware). Had already thought it must be a PC security shut down, even tho no other games caused it.

Share this comment