Hiding in a Bush Hat when running will unhide the player if Lag Compensation is disabled

JohnWatson
  • Pending

Small fussy thing that's been pestering me. Only happens if Lag Compensation is disabled.

If you run then hide in a bush hat, then let go of the movement key right before the animation is complete, then your character will stand right back up.

Steps to Reproduce
Turn off Lag Compensation. Equip a Bush Hat. Hold down a movement key. Hide in the Bush Hat. Release the movement key right before the hiding animation is complete.

User Feedback

never really had any problems with that... what you mentioned its a way to slowly creep out of a enemies range tested it a bit with random servers.... you just aren't doing it right..

Share this comment

4 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

never really had any problems with that... what you mentioned its a way to slowly creep out of a enemies range tested it a bit with random servers.... you just aren't doing it right..

Turn off Lag Compensation. Get a Bush Hat. Equip it. Hold down the A key. Hide with the Bush Hat. Let go of the A key right at the moment before the hiding animation ends.

Share this comment

nope nothing that is mostly a problem on your end maybe sticky keys or just doing it wrong since i dont pop out when testing it

Share this comment

4 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

nope nothing that is mostly a problem on your end maybe sticky keys or just doing it wrong since i dont pop out when testing it

I can do it consistently. Let go of the A key right at the moment before the hiding animation ends. Don't forget to turn off Lag Compensation.

Share this comment

that basically means you are over imputing the movement rather than it being a bug...  there is a lot of leeway between the animation and when you can stop holding the movement key. so that is more on your part rather than the games part.

Share this comment

15 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

that basially means you are over imputing the movement rather than it being a bug...  there is a lot of leeway between the animation and when you can stop holding the movement key. so that is more on your part rather than the games part.

I never happens with Lag Compensation turned on.

Edited by JohnWatson

Share this comment