Help! Cave bug

Flesh
  • Pending

In DST, when i try to Travel via Sinkhole, it will just bring me to a new area of the map, not in the caves or in the ruins. It just duplicates the whole map. Please help

Steps to Reproduce
go to via Sinkhole

User Feedback

Hello @Flesh, welcome to the forums. Are you using the Host Game menu to create your server, or are you managing a dedicated server?

Share this comment

Then this seems like an issue with permissions. Can you set the Don't Starve Together executable to Run this program as Administrator?

• Close DST
  • On Steam's Games Library > right click DST > Local Files > Browse Local Files
  • Open bin folder
  • Right click dontstarve_steam.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Check Run this program as an Administrator > Apply
  • Right click dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer > Properties > Compatibility > Check Run this program as an Administrator > Apply
  • Open DST
  • Create new world, in a different slot
  • Once world is generated open console and type "c_gonext(cave_entrance)"
  • Then in console again "c_give(pickaxe)"
  • Open sinkhole, enter caves.
  • See if its finally caves this time.
  • Report back your findings.

Share this comment

attempt to call a nil value - what is this?

command didn't work

"c_gonext(cave_entrance)"

Edited by Flesh

Share this comment

So everything's a-ok now. However, the previous server you had that HAS two overworlds/forests worlds without a cave world still needs to be fixed. Since the cave system already has been generated faulty, we'll have to manually force it to regenerate just to be safe. If that was the main server world you've played for long hours on then I recommend following the instructions below:

• In Host Game screen, determine which server slot is used for the original world you had issues with. If it's in slot # 1, take note of that. if it's in slot # 2, keep track of it.
  • Start up that main server of yorus, if you logged out of this server the previously WHILE you were in the FAULTY CAVES (currently still a forest/another surface world), please return to the REAL SURFACE. I assume you're aware which of the two over worlds was/is your actual SURFACE world. Once you have made sure that your character is in the REAL ORIGINAL SURFACE. Log out. (The following instructions would delete your character too IF YOUR CHARACTER was last logged out from the FAULTY CAVES world.). Make sure you log out this time around while you are in the REAL SURFACE.
  • Now close DST.
  • Go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_# (wherein the # corresponds to the slot # of the server you had issues with)
  • Inside should be a Caves folder beside a Master folder, delete the whole Caves folder. I repeat, only delete the Caves folder.
  • Open DST.
  • Click Play > Host Game > Open previously faulty server world.
  • Enter Sinkhole
  • A new cave system should start generating.

I hope that helps, good luck. Report back if you have issues/questions. 

Share this comment

when I enter the hole I appear in the newly generated world. Why the forest world is written in the caves? maybe because of it

Desktop Screenshot 2018.07.11 - 15.11.27.15.png

Edited by Flesh

Share this comment

Ahh, you've used custom preset? That probably explains it - DST is limited to 5 slots for presets, and these are shared between caves and forest presets. What probably happened is described here: 

Share this comment