Global Pause Causes Weird Bug

cosmicdreams
  • Pending

for some reason, when i paused the game with the global pause mod, it did something weird to my game

so here's the story: i was leaving the ruins after my small ruins clearing, and i had to leave the game for a while, so i paused it with the global pause mod

i came back 30 minutes later, and everything was still paused and fine. i was still at the cave exit and with all my stuff on day 87, but as soon as i unpause, the game randomly just rolls-back

i wasnt sure what was going on and i got so scared thinking all my progress was currently being thrown out the window

as soon as the "rollback" ended, i saw that the day counter was on day 91, when i last recalled it being still in the 80s. rollbacks no longer worked, so i decided to try and roll it back outside the server, and now i cant even join my world anymore

i wasnt sure where to post this report, so i decided to post it here, despite it being probably caused by a mod

somebody please tell me what's wrong with my world and, if possible, how to fix it

Steps to Reproduce
paused game with global pause mod, came back approximately 30 minutes later, and it just happened

User Feedback

Hello @TotalTrashDream, unfortunately Klei probably can't give any possible workaround that you haven't already tried (i.e. rollbacks), since the issue you are experiencing really seems like it's due to the mod primarily and Klei can only provide support for issues in the base game (a.k.a. vanilla/modless game). So the only advice I'd recommend is to report it to the mod creator directly in the workshop page and hopefully they can give you a workaround.

Second advice, never pause in the caves so it doesn't happen again.

Good luck, cheers.

Share this comment

Just now, Zillvr said:

Hello @TotalTrashDream, unfortunately Klei probably can't give any possible workaround that you haven't already tried (i.e. rollbacks), since the issue you are experiencing really seems like it's due to the mod primarily and Klei can only provide support for issues in the base game (a.k.a. vanilla/modless game). So the only advice I'd recommend is to report it to the mod creator directly in the workshop page and hopefully they can give you a workaround.

Second advice, never pause in the caves so it doesn't happen again.

Good luck, cheers.

alright, thanks for reading though

Share this comment